Arm wrestling.

Best Answer

I hope its not Oliver the Octopus that predicted the football results to a tee and had a price put on his head?

Best Answer

I hope not too. I could do with the money but he'll be dinner if I get my hands on him.. if someone can tell me how you despatch such a creature OTHER than putting it in a long sock and swinging against a boulder like I've seen the greek fishermen doing.

Best Answer

For what I've seen of them on TV, they look hard to destroy, they can get in gaps like mice can on land, through keyhole size gaps for instance

Best Answer

yeah but mice are pretty easy to despatch with a blow to the head.. where the brain is. I just don't know how to locate the brain on an octopus. I mean it's really a question of locating the brain and either severing it's connection to the nervous system or else causing fatal injury through hydraulic shock (a heavy blow) but I want to do it humanely and not violently. No one seems to be able to tell me. =/

Best Answer

I chucked a field mouse out after a bit of a scuffle on the kitchen net curtains with a stick. It dropped about 20 foot, and that to a animal about the size of a big bee, is about 2000 foot, so I dashed down to see where it was and it had gone. A day or two it was back in. Luckily, they only live a short time anyway

Best Answer

*mass is divided by drag coefficient* which causes a much lower terminal velocity on small objects compared to larger ones of the same density, the reason why four-man bobsleigh is faster than one-man, etc. So I disagree about the equivalence to a 2000 foot fall. I know they come back in, that's why I always release mice a good long distance from the house.

Best Answer

I did't get any choice, it was up out of reach and only thing I could do was guide it out with a stick out the window

Best Answer

Try a bucket or kitchen waste bin next time. Usually I trap them in those using a bait (biscuit etc) then they're easy to carry outside with no risk of fleas getting on me, or me getting bitten which is what happened last time I tried to "bravely" catch a mouse in my hand with the lady watching. >_> .. I think we're a bit off topic btw that was a nice tip with the salted ragworm on your FishyFishy website. ;)

Best Answer

A normal trap was useless. It used to love peanut butter, but was to light to trip the trap. the cheeky so and so must have munched about half a tubful in a week

Best Answer

that's what the bucket is good for! no tripping neccesary, just steep sides on the bucket and poor planning by the mouse due to lack of sentient conceptual thinking. Outsmart that little bugger! :) BTW does anyone know how to despatch an octopus or shall I just give up? xD

Best Answer

I even trapped my own shoe and ripped the lino with that sticky stuff .What was the question again? :)

Best Answer

Well there you go you see, no problems like that with a bucket. :P Idk I forgot

Best Answer