Speaking from experience (not body-image, but self-worth generally): The problem is that external reinforcement won't help you if you have a mental block about it. If you ask someone for a compliment and they give you one, you'll just assume they're telling you what you want to hear; if they don't give you one, you'll assume they're trying to avoid telling you the awful truth. If a stranger tells you, you'll assume they have an ulterior motive; if a loved one tells you, you'll assume they're humouring you. Subconsciously, you simply don't want to hear that you look good, so you'll always find a way to dismiss that information wherever it comes from.<br />
Case in point, in the comments to this very question someone said "I'm sure you look great" and you automatically assumed they were being sarcastic.<br />
You have to work out your own issues first. That's the hard part, and if I could tell you how to do it I probably wouldn't be surfing the net in bed in the middle of the afternoon.

Best Answer

I am a qualified Life coach who specialises in women's self image issues. If you think you would benefit from some confidence coaching, please send me a message- I would be honoured to help you, free of charge.

Best Answer

I am so sorry for you. I really am

Best Answer

firstly why do u need somebody else to tell u, you are beautiful.Stop depending on the world to lift your spirits.Greatest fights are fought from within.Firstly u need to feel beautiful,only then it would increase your self esteem.Trust me you are way above all this and of course u would be a wonderful person.

Best Answer

Ask somepeople on Ep or some random forum for some comments. I'm sure you look great, so their comments would be positive.

Best Answer

I'm not posting my photos online, and I don't appreciate snark.

Best Answer

I wouldn't suggest that, but making some friends and sharing a picture couldn't be bad. And it isn't snark, I was being honest.

Best Answer