So many lives of different classes and profiles coming together on that fateful night, thought of as an unsinkable ship, the iceberg out of nowhere, apparently warned by another ship but ignored, all technical superiorities but not enough lifeboats, how did the Karma Principle manage so many convergent shots at once ? What of those handful who survived, what was their cycle that made them survive ? What would someone like Edgar Caycle say about such a thing ? Why are the events in human lives so unexplainable ?
thoughtbubble thoughtbubble 36-40, M 12 Answers Dec 6, 2012 in Hobbies

The Titanic is an excellent example that illustrates the falseness of karma. The ship sank because of people being greedy but people died from that greed that did not deserve it.

Best Answer

It's an example of truth of what ?
Assuming karma doesn't explain it, what explains it ?
Or is it all some random algorithm thrown at us unawares ?

Best Answer

No. The universe rewards the intersection of good choices with options and the intersection of bad choices with destruction. People can make good choices, but if the bad choices intersect in a way to give them priority, the good will meet with destruction. This leaves all the survivors worse off whether they are good or not. To truly get what you deserve, you have to live past life in such a way you live the lives of everyone you affect with your choices.

Best Answer

This is like "Tell me your karmic company, I'll tell you what you are".
What drives good people to end up at bad intersections ?
Also, can you please explain the last sentence, "To truly get..." and so on.

Best Answer

Good people end up in bad intersections because their level of good will power is less than the level of bad will power supplied by others and themselves. Justice is the situation where you receive as much good as you give and as much bad as you supply. Unless you live with yourself, it is guaranteed to never receive justice. You will either benefit more than you helped or receive worse than you gave over a finite period of time. The only way for the balance to occur is to live all lives you touch so in essence you lived with yourself.

Best Answer

This is a first to me, the match between the force of good and the force of bad and I find the view interesting.
So, is it like, if I accelerate my goodness (by doing good acts) at a rate much faster than my badness, I am less likely to get into accidents ?
The effects of my bad actions will anyway be given to me separately, just like the good ones, but the chance that I'll end up in a bad intersection should be lesser, no ?

Best Answer

There is good and bad in every action actually. No real world situation can divorce entirely from one or the other. Example, you must kill to live. You will limit the freedom of some living thing to promote the freedom of your thinking. So, simply staying alive will have elements of good and evil alone. If you promote your good will, you will promote freedom in your actions, but that grants no guarantee of running into a bad end. Why? Bad decisions of others can overcome you so long as their bad will is more than your good will. Example, you follow traffic rules to promote the freedom of drivers on the road. A drunk driver hits your car and kills you. Their bad will overcomes your good will and you lose despite your attempt at good. This is why karma philosophy is not a real world application.

Best Answer

No karma.

Good boats sink, good planes crash.

Bad planes land safely, bad boats survive the voyage.

Best Answer

Yeah. But, Why and why not all, all the time ?

Best Answer

when you take short cuts in the building of the staffing of and the safety of it will bite you in the as*

Best Answer

Indeed.

Best Answer

"**** happens."

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

It wasn't karma.

The boat was basically shaped like an ice cube tray to try and prevent flooded comparments from flooding the others. There weren't nearly enough life boats, there was a panic when it hit the iceberg. It was an accident.

Best Answer

In this case I don't think Karma had anything to do with it. Everyone plans their lives on the Other Side before we get here. If I recall but correct me if i am wrong weren't some pretty major changes made to the shipping industry as a whole after the Titanic sank? Yes it is a horrible thing that happened but it could also be viewed as an event that a tremendous amount was learned from. Changes were made that greatly increased safety and reduced the chances of a repeat occurance. I don't think the same changes would have been made if only a cargo ship went down or any other ship that was less well known.

Best Answer

So, someone wanted to teach a lesson ?

Best Answer

It was a big lesson learned by the world. All the people on the Titanic were in on it before they even came into life. Not a difficult thing to agree with when you are living in a realm of Perfect Love and Happiness with no negativity what so ever. The world needed changing to evolve into something better.

Best Answer

Does this mean, some volunteer to be part of an accident so that larger good things may emerge out of them ? Is it something like "we choose our accidents at a different level" in the book Conversations with God ?

Best Answer

In this case yeah. Though i have not read the book you are referring to. Life on Earth is all about experiencing the knowledge we learn on the Other Side. We can learn all about negativity in every single aspect of human existence but you can not experience that knowledge in a place where negativity does not exist. So we plan out a life intertwined with everyone else. Each of the challenges and experiences we want to have. And then how we handle them and learn from them is how we advance. Sometimes we don't learn the lesson we hoped for but as long as you survive life and eventually pass on you graduate and go back Home to the Other side with your new experience.

Best Answer

That was just a case of negligence by the company that made and ran the titanic. There were iceberg risks....and they knew they didn't have enough lifeboats. What does that have to do with karma?

Best Answer

Those conditions happen all the time in all kinds of situations, why do only some meet a fate ? Also, what of those, who survived and who cancelled, how did they make the "smart" moves they made that others in a similar position didn't ?

Best Answer

Not really....people who operate with dangerous practices....usually end up hurt people.

Best Answer

There was no Karma! There was huberis and classism

Best Answer

Putting their "Trust and faith" in "Man" and not "God". "Man" said it was "Unsinkable".

Best Answer

She is Compassion embodied, shouldnt She have helped even without their calling out ?

Best Answer

Who are you talking about?

Best Answer

God ?

Best Answer

Oh,ok. When you come into this world,you are given a "Free Will" the people made the choice to go on the "Titanic". "God" had nothing to do with their choosing,people are in charge of their own "Destiny".

Best Answer

Instant karma's gonna get you...

Best Answer

yeah, some instant noodles for my immediate hunger, LoL.

Best Answer