Speak from experience!

Best Answer

There's no point - they're unlikely to change their view there and then. People generally don't respond well to being told they're wrong...

Best Answer

very diplomatically if you don't want an argument.

Best Answer

But what if I want an argument? :)

Best Answer

Well I always try to find similarities with my beliefs and theirs, and move on to the differences and why I believe differently.

Best Answer

we don't define people by their politics in uk.<br />
maybe you could learn something about tolerance.

Best Answer

??? What are you smoking?

Best Answer

don't have a viewpoint so no viewpoint to explain

Best Answer

Sounds like you live the good life. :)

Best Answer

COLD ... isn't it

Best Answer

say "I'm right and you're wrong".

Best Answer

I test the waters. If they are looking for an argument or looking to recruit me to the dark side, I don't. If they are seriously interested, I will state my philosophical and moral reasons for my position and then review the facts in a respectful manner. If they counter, I will listen respectfully. There have been a couple times, such discussion have changed my mind. Other times they confirmed what I believe. Whether on not they change their mind is irrelevant. I learned something and hopefully they learned something. Change takes time.

Best Answer

In as few words as possible? You either stand and debate politely, you argue (should you be that way inclined) because the other person exacerbates you (or vice-versa) or you openly and simply walk away should it all turn bad :)<br />
~F~

Best Answer

I use religion. You always want to lead a political discussion with religion to keep everything simple.<br />
(truth is, I don't discuss either)

Best Answer

Most of the time you don't, because most likely they won't listen anyway. They're busy trying to figure out how to convince you that YOU are wrong.

Best Answer

I don't, they have their views and I have mine, not recruiting.

Best Answer