there is a thin line between freedom and imperialism, it seems like every president theres a threat somewhere tht threatens freedom and these confllicts most likly ends in millitary gettin deployed,but what do yall think?
klegend0 klegend0 18-21, M 49 Answers Jun 24, 2012

The americans do a good job at keeping the wrold in order but at what cost to there ecomony. I think sometime they need to stop looking after the world and look after themselves

Best Answer

lol !

Best Answer

Seconded

Best Answer

I feel safe since the military attaches our enemys. Wars keep people employed. The troops will come home to no jobs.

Best Answer

lol wars dont just give thousands of people jobs they also kill them

Best Answer

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I think the rest of the world would appreciate that as well

Best Answer

It is good at times, but the reason a lot of immigrants come to this country is because America is playing the global police. Before, some Americans, whine about immigrants taking are our job, they should read about more about why they come to this country and where our tax money is going to.

Best Answer

Amen!

Best Answer

before you complain about immigrants taking jobs, take a look at the jobs they do. You think the average american is gonna work in a field picking lettuce or fruit for 80 cents a bushel?

Best Answer

That's what i'm saying! did you read what i wrote? Don't point the finger because i never wrote that they are actually taking our jobs!

Best Answer

To hell with the rest of the world. We have some countries we are naturally close to by culture and history and long friendships (England, Australia, Canada, etc.) and we should aid and help defend them, but to hell with this bullshit of trying to be the world's police department. If they want to fight each other, let them.

Best Answer

There's a lot of common sense in what you say. We are fools to think we can spread hamburger democracy over the globe. At some point, the indigents have to take the bull by the horns, or be dominated as cowardly people will. As a popular comsdian quipped, "You can't fix stupid" That goes thrice for heredity and tradition.

Best Answer

I don't seem to remember the rest of the world appointing us to be the chief of police. Also what bothers me is how we pick and chose where to step in. China (one of the biggest offenders of human rights) we can't seem to kiss their *** enough, but poor little Cuba we treat as if their some big threat to everyone.

Best Answer

interesting ima start researching more about china,take a look at the rest of the comments you would be surprized how many people disagree

Best Answer

I think that america should mind their own business.

Best Answer

I agree, but that does not mean that we could or should turn our backs on the misery of other human beings, if it lies within our capability to help. It's all about humanitarian aid, balance and the prime directive.

Best Answer

Still, we shouldn't bud into other peoples battles unless we're invited or the rest of the world is gonna gang up on the US.

Best Answer

It's sickening to me. We worry soooo much about taking care of other countries and problems in the world, that are really NONE of our business....and completely ignore all the pain and suffering and struggling our own citizens go through. Completely ignore our own issues and problems as a nation. I wish we'd grow a brain and demand these politicians stop focusing so much on the rest of the world. Wish we'd stop buying into these made up lies about "threats" No one would be a threat to us if we have the decency to leave everyone else alone. It's not our job to waste $$ and resources and LIVES on the rest of the world. But from some of these comments, it's obvious the shift away from such stupidity will be very gradual. Here's to 4 more years of depression, suffering, and wasteful spending!(no matter who gets elected)

Best Answer

We don't police the world, we dominate it.

Best Answer

Well i for one thank God for America ..god bless her i say..

Best Answer

lol not really the point ,i guess if your happy and free it doesnt matter ,i respect tht

Best Answer

.......with respect you misunderstand my point, i for one am thankful for the role the USA has played in the world for the last 60 years. She has fed, defended and freed millions of people, personally i don't buy all this wishy washy liberal nonsense that has been spouted here and wish her a quick recovery to full health.

Best Answer

America doesn't police the world. We're accountable to agreements signed in previous generations. It is necessary to keep an open dialog with other countries.

Best Answer

Last three, four superpowers who tried to police even a small part of the world -- Macedonians, Chinese, Mongols, Romans, Spanish, English -- at best, knocked down hard, at worst rolled up in an old rug and tossed into history's dustbin. <br />
Playing the isolation game is no good either, that's how things went wrong in the 20th century. But drone wars, occupation forces, "regime change"? That's tossing away common sense that the the delegates had in mind when they met in Philadelphia.

Best Answer

uncooooooooool. period.

Best Answer

I think it's time we get our noses out of other nations business , we can not afford to care for our own people. The cost of war, and having ba<x>ses all over the world has led to our decline. Let's let's others take care of their own problems, we have plenty to deal right on our own soil. It has gotten to the point where we are losing the values that made us great. People from other countries are granted citizenship , then they sue if we practice beliefs that they find offensive . Yet they have the right to practice as they choose. We need to get a gut, America love it or leave it. Let's secure our own borders, police our streets. Spend the money on improving the lives of our own.

Best Answer

It's been said America is an enemy you can trust, but you wouldn't want to be our neighbor. People have some real idea of how far we'll go, but we're the kind of neighbors that ruin the whole neighborhood and make everyone want to move. Unfortunately the world is rapidly becoming a smaller place and the US keeps on being among the worst of all possible neighbors short of having a serial killer or child molester move in. If we're the police of the world we are the classic small town sheriff who bullies people and steps over the line routinely.

Best Answer

We should stop except in extreme cases.

Best Answer

It's an honorable thing to be the one that is looked to for protection if you're the "big kid" on the block. The problem is that we don't honor the "prime directive" of non interference as well as we should because greed and political covenience get in the way.

Best Answer

I find the big kid on the block tends to be a bully.

Best Answer

Good point. Men, no matter how benvolent are prone to misuse power. Even more than money, power corrupts. That's the whole idea of a decentralized, democratic government, right? To keep tyrants in check? That, my friend is the real reason that we the puiblic must always bear arms. To keep the tyrants in check.

Best Answer

no matter wat group, political affiliation or country at the end of the day were dealing with people, just from a social historical standpoint it is nearly impossible to live in a goverment without corruption

Best Answer

America is policing the world ? I never knew that. <br />
I think you may have it just a tiny bit confused. <br />
Let's try the United Nations is Policing the world and the USA is putting forth the most effort while the rest of the countries are taking up the credit.

Best Answer

No America is policing the world it just seeks endorsement from the UN to ratify its actions

Best Answer

and sometimes they just go ahead and do it without the UN.

Best Answer

I think self policing or earthly policing would be better.

Best Answer

I think its effin stupid and we should stay out of other countries business

Best Answer

I don't think it is our right to impose our will on the world with violence. Nothing good will come of it.

Best Answer

IT'S DISGUSTING. We wonder why so many people hate this country?<br />
We're bullies and corporate thugs!

Best Answer

......nonsense.

Best Answer