ISeeKey ISeeKey 13-15, F 27 Answers Dec 15, 2012 in Crushes & Obsessions

I date the person, not the race.

Best Answer

No problem at all

Best Answer

We're all members of the human race. So what's the issue?

Best Answer

Its just that my race (African American) are upset on the topic of dating another race. I had a white boyfriend, and when I told my mom she asked "is he white or black?" I get upset when people ask that. Why should it matter, ya know? Its just irritating to my ears :/

Best Answer

Your mom was focusing on color versus race. That's sad. We're all human, regardless of the color of our skin. I wish people would grow up and realize that. You're young. I hope that as you age, you don't let your mother's attitudes about skin color affect your ability to love another human being.

Best Answer

You're right, it shouldn't. Don't let yourself absorb other people's ignorance.

Best Answer

I agree. And really, it doesn't affect me. I'm the "different" child in my home, and they understand my ways and thoughts. But I cannot talk about this topic with them because it is difficult, and that's why I bring it here.

Best Answer

Please continue being the "different" child. It makes me happy to hear that. I'm also happy to hear that your family understands how you think. Good for them. I'm also happy to see you're using EP as a way to be heard. There are a lot of people on here who are willing to just listen and offer advice where needed. Feel free to use me as one of those folks.

Best Answer

Yes, and thank you:)

Best Answer

I will, and thank you, very much! It is nice to know that other people care:')

Best Answer

Race is superficial but differing cultures could prove to be a truly difficult adjustment.

Best Answer

Im fine with that.

Best Answer

I'm very positive about it :)

Best Answer

I've never been physically attracted to anyone outside of my own race but that's just a matter of personal taste. My good friend is in a mixed-race relationship and I honestly can't understand why anyone would have an issue with it - so long as you treat each other well it doesn't matter what race you hail from.

Best Answer

Nothing,in fact,where i'm from,it's normal as we are multiracial here,quite well distributed (lol) so many here end up with partners of different races.

Best Answer

Go for it. I like to see it

Best Answer

^^ I don't see why. I love the Best Answer. It's fate and destiny, I don't see how one's compatibility lies in one's race. It's not something one can choose after all

Best Answer

Yes I agree!

Best Answer

I would not mind :)

Best Answer

I am nowhere near racist i have friends of all backgrounds, colours religeons and races but i cant date them unless they are also english. am i broken?

Best Answer

i'll stick with the human race

Best Answer

Should the opportunity come along I would have no problem at all having a relationship with someone from a "gene pool radically different from my own."

Best Answer

I dislike Martians.

Best Answer

i have always been attracted to boys/men outside my race..........................oh and i imply Homo Sapiens

Best Answer

I would hook up with a martian.

Best Answer

It's not for me, but what others chose is up to them.

Best Answer

Young lady... you have to understand that lots of people are curious about "interracial dating", "interracial sex"...

It's not a bad thing- with one caveat... the person of the other race is not your saviour... they are just a person... and most people are screwed up in one way or another...

Dating is hellish enough as it is (at least you're a girl, you get to choose)

Best Answer

Yes, and thank you:) so many people around me say its bad, but, I find it beautiful. Its just a topic I'm curious about.

Best Answer

I married a woman of another race... I have a bi-racial child... it can be good.. it can be bad...

Best Answer

Either way, but you have to depend on faith and love, right?

Best Answer

faith, hope, love, yes... also there has to be a foundation of commitment, understanding of who you married (the one you dated and mated with is rarely the person you married)... so many things go into it... Lots of people do not understand that this is one the most important decisions to make- my younger brother, married 3X, is just 33. His first marriage "was just for something to do".. needless to say, it didn't last very long.
To reiterate, dating a person of another race has its benefits... see how other cultures live, etc.. I have dated Spanish, White, Black, Asian... so I have seen a lot of how people live. It is a great thing.

Best Answer

I was looking toward to doing the experimenting, I should say, with other races when I get older. But as I grow my affection "list" can change, right? So its a...unknown future for me(?)

Best Answer

YOU define that...
You make the call. It is a matter of preference, a matter of choice.

Best Answer

Okay. Thank you:)

Best Answer

I wouldn't mind as long as he is good-looking and good human being..

Best Answer