Kyroe Kyroe 18-21, M 7 Answers Jan 15, 2013 in Hobbies

It's OK for me to commit piracy. The rest of you shouldn't.

Best Answer

what he said

Best Answer

LMAO

Best Answer

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Best Answer

Mixed. Anyone steals my copyright stuff I'm pissed. Mass media, i think there should be a way to transfer material from old formats to new without having to buy the new version.

Best Answer

You mean software piracy or attacking ships and boats on the high seas?

Best Answer

Software.

Best Answer

Ah. I believe current international intellectual property law is one of the pillars of the oppressors, a tool to keep the third world poor and the rest of us in thrall.

Best Answer

software patents are an especially egregious dodge to prevent competition and uphold entrenched monopolies.

Best Answer

I think piracy is wrong but you should be able to transfer between formats, and changing a format to make something usable on your device is just common sense.<br />
I think the US government made a law not long ago that on some occasions that would be illegal.

Best Answer

I am a big fan of intellectual property rights. As the Chinese understand all too well, there is little incentive to innovate when what you spend your time and treasure on gets ripped off.

Best Answer

bullshit. intellectual property law stifles innovation and rewards monopolies.

Best Answer

How is that? Ain't no big innovations coming out of China or Somalia, are there? Or Sweden or Norway, for that matter.

Best Answer

go ahead and try to innovate in the software field without running afoul of someone's bs. patent. bah. read this: http://levine.sscnet.ucla.edu/general/intellectual/againstnew.htm

Best Answer
Best Answer

Okay.

Best Answer