I wanna lose 66 lbs. And I am not sure what I should expect after I reach my goal weight...I lost weight before, when I was 15, and I made the usual mistake of believing that all my problems would go away with the weight, and I was left depressed and gained the weight back in the following years.. Now, at almost 22, I am more aware of my emotional issues, and am more focused on feeling fit and healthy rather than achieving some aesthetic ideal. BUT I still gotta set on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, right?66 lbs are not easy to shave off, and I need a strong motivation to keep me going through those long, cold, low blood-sugar nights. So I keep trying to tell myself that I'm gonna look so hot when I get there, but I immediately remember the disappointment I felt last time, when I lost the weight, and didn't look hot...so dunno. What real benefits are there to getting slim? Apart from being "healthy", which, let's face it, doesn't show.
MantisReligiosa MantisReligiosa 22-25, F 5 Answers Feb 7, 2011

i can walk faster.

Best Answer

Losing weight hasn't improved my life.. yet. But if I survive an extra number of years I think that will be an improvement.

Best Answer

I have not had to deal with so many pounds to lose but some years ago I experienced a life situation that helped me to lose some weight and the benefits were numerous:<br />
- I had to learn about other kinds of food. I went to restaurants that I had never tried before. It was like discovering a whole new world. Before, I used to eat really conventional things. The lifestyle change involved discovering other types of food and this made the whole process feel effortless, I felt that I was going out more, even eating more, but what I was eating was healthier so I stayed fit. <br />
-I have a tendency to have high blood pressure (genetics). When I lose weight, my blood pressure gets better, to the point that in some periods of my life I have been able to suspend my medication (I keep measuring it).<br />
-I'm able to dress up better, find things that fit me, therefore I feel more attractive. I can go to the beach and feel totally average, healthy. My self-confidence improved a lot. <br />
I hope that you achieve your goals and that the effort turns out to be smaller. It could be fun if you see it as a process of discovery of new sides of life and new sides of you.

Best Answer

Losing weight made me very hungry and increased my appreciation for food.

Best Answer