Tyler27 Tyler27 26-30, F 49 Answers Jun 27, 2010

Married.

Best Answer

"Oh, you're one of those..."

Best Answer

That they arent someone whos worth being a part of my life. Life is too short to waste time with people who only wanna bring you down!

Best Answer

My husband does this all the time. It could be about something he doesn't know anything about and when I make a comment about something we see on TV, he has this need to defend the "other side" no matter how ridiculous. Today it was about a football pla<x>yer getting cut for having Type II diabetes. I have Type I and I know a whole lot more than he does about diabetes. I know how both types work and all the differences between the two. There was a commentator who said some ridiculous statement about "hundreds of athletes having Type II diabetes." I looked at my husband and said, "He is so stupid for saying that." My husband insisted he was right and went to look the information up online. Of course, he realized I was right. When I referred to the guy as stupid again, my husband had the nerve to tell me to "please refer to him as 'uninformed' and not 'stupid.'" I was incredulous. I said, "Why on earth do you care what word I use?" He said, "Because I like that commentator." My mouth dropped wide open. I said, "Are you trying to defend this person whom you've never met?" He maintained his position and I lost it on him. This is ridiculous! He ALWAYS defends the opposite position from my own. It doesn't matter how ridiculous he sounds or how wrong he is. It's like a sickness for him. Why on earth does he do this??? It feels so disrespectful and I'm just exhausted from it happening all the time.

Best Answer

Go through this daily with my husband no matter what I say. This is from a man who has a problem reading &amp; understanding what he reads, while if I see letters, I read it no matter what or where.

Best Answer

I have a friend who begins every response to what I've said, regardless of topic or subject matter, with "No...." Sometimes she starts with no and then says exactly what I said, but using different words. It's the most annoying thing. I swear if I said the sky were blue, she'd say "No... it's aqua." Good Grief!!!

Best Answer

LOL! Me too. Takes patience & practice dealing with someone like that but I say that if you don't care for them enough to work through it then it's prob best to part ways. My boyfriend and I have this issue & since I wish to cont our relationship I felt that it's been worth the effort. :) I think ignoring it woulonly go so far & burn you ou

Best Answer

I start to avoid them and cut them out of my life. I find it really annoying and frustrating as regardless of what I say, they just tend to disagree. Constructive criticism is good but not all the time and definitely not if its just for the sake of disagreeing. If I wanted to debate I would have gone into politics or been a lawyer!!! Also, all that negativity is hard to be around all the time - I'll rather surround myself with more positive folks.

Best Answer

Oh, that person ..whatever, the one that always has to disagree, be negative, even if you said the sky is blue today, they would disagree, oh yes, I know that person..they also have the worst short temper, paranoid, and was a bf two years ago ...completely irrational and tried to justify all kinds of over the top psycho stuff, and it always started with disagreeing, even if I just sighed...not kidding, oh you sighed, why did you sigh is there somethig wrong with you, whats the problem..and it went from there, they were absolutely psycho and I was left bewildered, I would apologize even after they broke everything in the kitchen, it didnt matter what I said...then they blamed me...and yes they always disagreed...and left me black and blue...quite often...they called themselves God like, not kidding..they were far from it.

Best Answer

I am married to such a person. Saw none of this &amp; even worse behavior until I was married one (1) day.
No matter what I say, he questions it. Once I was putting sugar on strawberries &amp; he told me I was putting too much. I asked if he knew what I was doing &amp; of course he didn't but loved the strawberry short cake later. This from a man who doesn't cook anything other than pancakes but always praises what I cook. The day after we got married we were looking at the menus &amp; I said that is what I order lasted night but didn't get. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about without even know what I was talking about. I said I ordered the surf n turf but didn't get the scallops. Over &amp; over I was told I didn't know what I was talking about serf n turf wasn't beef n a seafood. He got so loud everyone was looking so I just got up &amp; left him sitting there. Since, it has just gotten worse, which explain why in the 5 yrs we have been married we have been together only about 1 3/4 year off n on!

Best Answer

Same here. :) I've actually told my boyfriend once: that if I said the sky was blue, he would say no it's brown. I got pretty tired of it & started mellowing; I started to take 'me' out of that problem when I started to view it as his flaw & not as something justified cuz I was doing something wrong. I started handling it differently cuz I stopped being so upset. Congrats to everyone who were laid back abt it. :) Today, he tried teaching something to me that I just read to him like 3 days ago. I told him what I felt: that I'm offended that he's trying to teach me something that I just told him. I think that I've made progress & so has he but we both need more practice saying things differently. I honestly believe that for basically his whole life he's known more than others but maybe he's secretly afraid of not being 'smart.' That's when it helped me more. :)

Best Answer

I had a tenant like that once - he thought he was so smart if I said the Sun's going to rise tomorrow he'd say "You can't PROVE that". That God he's on the West Coast now - FAR away.....

Best Answer

That I may as well be with someone else - and I act upon it!

Best Answer

I stop talking to them.

Best Answer

I used to know someone like that. I haven't seen her in over 25 years.

Best Answer

frustrated at times.. because sometimes it is just so obvious that they are saying it to be contrary but whatever floats their boat.. one of my dearest friends is like this from time to time.. it's so funny because she will disagree with me about something so strange and then in a few days she'll bring it back up and mention how so and so told her something so now she is agreeing with it (what I said in the first place) funny after all these years

Best Answer

its frustrating...no lie... i get into it with my dad all the time. i love the guy alot but its almost like any idea i come up with is trash just because im too young.

Best Answer

Angry, there pathetic people that generally dont have anyone or anything else.

Best Answer

True, know only of one &amp; they don't even have one friend &amp; none of their family have anything to do with him, even his kids

Best Answer

Ugh, I feel like talking to this person is pointless and a waste of my time... unfortunately it is my boss. I have lost all care to communicate with him. He comes to me seeking advice and information on how to do something when I start making suggestions he wants to always question it. Why come to me in the first place. Do it yourself and then come to me after when you want me to fix it the right way, AFTER the fact. Don't waste my time.

Best Answer

The real issue is he is unqualified and I think he gets insecure and this is his way of holding me under his thumb. Good for you! I have been doing this stuff for 15 years and have a degree in it that is why YOUR boss hired me.

Best Answer

In an acquaintance/friend-of-a-friend situation, I keep them at a distance and determine that we will never be close friends.<br />
In a mate/significant other situation, which I'm currently in, and she questions EVERYTHING I say/suggest--from where to place a new plant in the garden, to how better to move a really heavy piece of furniture, to my own statements and recollections--it makes you feel as if you're never going to be trusted, never going to be allowed to lead, and that they must have a death grip on control at all times. In other words, it's infuriating, and it sucks.

Best Answer

thats my mother !!!

Best Answer

That its time to let someone else do mom's yard...;op

Best Answer

there's some statement that one would like to say, <br />
not ready to listen to others but his/her own..<br />
and you can have the choose to see if you want to stay in that loop..

Best Answer

I don't know, there are always gonna be people who disagree with you sometimes, I even have agreed with people who I don't tend to agree with at all......I can't imagine why they would stay around you if they ALWAYS disagreed with you . And if you are the one who ALWAYS disagrees with this person, why do you still go around them?

Best Answer