Personally, I've always felt a little bit insulted, as if they think I'm too weak to simply catch the door behind them. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who sees it that way, though.
siamul siamul 22-25, M 15 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Hobbies

I enjoy it, it makes me think like all decency has not been totally lost in the world. Its a nice, polite thing to do and I think that as a society we have forgotten the value in having manners.

Best Answer

Very well said! Erm....typed.

Best Answer

*giggles* Thank you!

Best Answer

Normal, it just shows that some people recognize their superiors

Best Answer

Yes,it's called courtesy,and I was raised to hold a door for the next "person",be it male or female,and not because the person is too weak to open the door themselves,but because it's just plain rude to let a door close on someone.I have actuallly held the door once for a woman who stuck her nose up at me,and deliberately moved aside and went to another door and opened it herself and went inside...let me tell you,I was so freakin' impressed by her show of strength,and blown away by her sheer mental capacity to figure out the complcated intrical workings of a DOOR,all on her own.Yes,she really showed me.:)

Best Answer

Haha fair point.

Best Answer

Grateful; they didn't have to open the door for you they opted to out of respect.

Best Answer

I am honored as shows there are still courteous people as I do it all the time especially for women or seniors but I do for anyone just to be polite.

Best Answer

Flattered and honored. Which always gets the provider of my good fortune a smile and a thank you.

Best Answer

I say, "Thank you". I open doors for people all the time. Its common courtesy to do so.

Best Answer

Well of course you do feel a tad bit insulted try working out fuckhead

Best Answer

Wow, you know me soooo well.

Best Answer

good sport have a nice night

Best Answer

Appreciative. But, I get where you are coming from. My daughter is like you.

Best Answer

Privilege..

Best Answer

I'm pleased to live in a polite society.

Best Answer

Like a popstar.

Best Answer