MissAgni MissAgni 26-30, F 25 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Community

Thanksgiving was hard-after 3.5 years sober, I wanted to have a drink like everyone else. But I'm not like everyone else- I'm an alcoholic. I told my husband and he took extra care of me at the celebration. Having someone who loves you nearby helped me.

Best Answer

I know it's hard I grew up with alcoholic father.I hope u will stay sober forever.

Best Answer

My dad had the beast in him too- took off when I was 13-

Best Answer

you have to separate yourself from all the people who participate in what your trying to stop doing. Even if they are your friends. If you're around it, you most likely will do it, whatever it is. I was in a similar situation a long time ago & this is how I got ahead. I wish you luck. Be strong. =)

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

anytime sweetie =) It's not easy. But you can do it.

Best Answer

you can do it, just have to be strong. If you need to talk i'm here for you

Best Answer

I will conisder that. Thank u :)

Best Answer

please do, i would love to help you anyway i can

Best Answer

Ok then i'm gonna write u :) wait for my note.

Best Answer

I don't have any addictions, except Lucy :)

Best Answer

Give in!

Best Answer

Luckily my only addiction is to EP. I can still switch off the PC, so I think I can still deal with it OK.

Best Answer

I can't. Luckily I don't have any bad addictions.

Best Answer

Good for u :)

Best Answer

Keep Yourself Busy.....Addictions are mostly out of BOREDOM.....Slowly when you start feeling responsible,you will not indulge in your addictions much. Are you so lucky that you need not do anything for a living? ..Jus keep doing something.

Best Answer

Think of the people they will take away! =(

Best Answer

yeah but i never win

Best Answer

dont fight, just forget

Best Answer

Is it possible?

Best Answer

NOT!

Best Answer

By getting the last laugh

Best Answer

sometimes i try to do other stuff like exercise or run or draw, but usually something physical to burn all the energy and try to make me feel better...but alot of times <br />
nothing helps make the pain depression brings go away..nothing but cutting :/

Best Answer

I know how u feel...I used to do the same..but now i'm free from it.

Best Answer

im happy for you hope you never ever go back to it and live happy.

Best Answer

Me too..I will keep praying for u.I know u can stop it.

Best Answer

I don't. The only way to learn how to control your nature is to free it. Then you control what you want when you want. Addiction is letting your brain rule you. Everyone has pleasure centers that want something. Some people get it from running a marathon and others from snorting vicodan. The point is to evaluate how what you seek as pleasure effects you and then deal. Humans, unlike ducks, are all programmed to want something different. It's up to you to decide whether what you want interfers with how you want to live. The knowing how you want to live is the hard part.

Best Answer

I'm a drug addict that's been clean for three years. You fight it every day with every fiber of your being, only a little bit at a time.

Best Answer

Keep it up. I will keep my fingers crossed for u!.

Best Answer

you distance yourself from them, try to distract yourself with other things like reading a book, or doing chores, lol<br />
but best thing you could do is ignore it.

Best Answer

Are u sure it's going to work?

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure it can work :)
If it did for me, I'm hoping you can fight it as well ^.^ good luck

Best Answer

I'm gonna try it.

Best Answer

you don't. Let them consume your life and enjoy the ride

Best Answer

I don't like to give up.

Best Answer

don't give up the ride...Don't make it a battle, it's only an addiction

Best Answer

depends on what kind of addiciton, some people replace harmful addicitons with healthier ones.

Best Answer

I'm one of them..

Best Answer

you're my harmful addiciton...? not sure I want to quit that

Best Answer

I never started any legal or illegal addictions ever. This is plain and simple folks, if you never start you never have to stop.

Best Answer