I'm looking for a speicific instrumental song that I've listened to on an amv clip on youtube but I just seem to find it. I've been searching for it for years and years and I still have no luck finding it. I even tried typing some terms to describe and put what type of song that I think it is and I still haven't found it on youtube, itunes, or the internet. So how do I find the instrumental song that I'm looking for if I don't even know the name or what type it is? I hoping that there might be some website or equipment that anyone use to describe song or the name instruments playing on the song so that way I can find it. Is there?
Diabolico Diabolico 22-25 6 Answers Mar 5, 2012

Having worked in a record store from the early 70's to 1999, I would tell you try to remember how old the song is, what type of music describes it best, fast or slow, what prominent instrument, and what it reminds you of. Hum it to people, especially if there is a family owned record/music store near you. If you can describe it more here, or send a message to me describing it, I would be happy to try and help. Also, bands that play locally that are playing the same type of music may be able to help you figure it out.

Best Answer

The song that I'm looking for was an instrumental song that sounds so emotional. It was smooth calm, and relaxing and when starts playing, it plays the first instrument that sounds like Vibraphone (saxophone or bells); the ringing sound smooth and gentle. Then plays instrument along with it that sounds like a flute (or a pan flute) that makes me think of a wolf howling, and then plays an instrument along with the others that sounds like indian hand drums. Then I listen to the flow of the song, it makes me imagine a wolf howling at the full moon at night and running through the forest at night (while I'm meditating). I'm really don't know what type of music it is but the song sounded like a native american, celtic, irish, nature, zen, or something else.
It was a song that was playing on a Mew mew power amv clip (from Youtube) during Renee/Zakuro's transformation and the clip lasted like over.... either 1,2, or 3 mintues

Best Answer

If you can help me with that, that would be great. Thank you.

Best Answer

You can always send me a pm to let me know.

Best Answer

Oh yes, And I'm not quite so sure how old it because I've heard it and listened to the song... somewhere in 2004 to 2007

Best Answer

Well, I was not familiar with the song you described. I tried to do some research but came up with the same information you have. Unfortunately, I stopped working in the family record store in 1999, and it closed around 2004. What I was able to find is most of the music from the show was produced by Shin Yoshimuro and composed by Takayuki Negishi. There is a site where you can download a lot of the songs, but most I listened to were not instrumental. The site is: http://search.aimini.com/?q=tokyo%20mew%20mew&crpl=0-lmn9ni-14&tot=1f&nxt=40. According to other info, you are supposed to be able to find a lot of the music on itunes, also. Most of what I found there and on Amazon was for 4kids tv, which evidently lost the rights to some of the shows. I wish I could help you more! I still love it when music means alot to people. I worked from the age of 12 to 40, with my parents, sister and then two of my children. Don't give up! I wll try to keep looking, also. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

You're welcome.

Best Answer

Hey, I think I just some info on the internet that I think that could possibly help us find the song that I'm looking for. After I have listened to a chinese song (it's not the song that I'm looking for), it was playing the same instruments that sound just like the instruments that was playing in the song that I'm looking for. I've done a little research of the chinese song and it says that the music was called "Gamelan" which plays "Bamboo flute, drums, and bells". I think it's the same instruments in the song that I'm looking for. And it says that they are called "Melodic songs" with no singing. What if this instrumental (or melodic) song that I'm looking for is a Chinese relaxing song or some kind of chinese music? Do you think there is a possibliy for that kind of fact?

Best Answer

Try searching for Shakuhachi meditation or zen music. Shakuhachi is Japanese bamboo flute music from what I can find. Levi Chen - Celtic Zen CD there is a song on this called Wind, The Wolf, and the Wild...plays a sampling on the site so you can hear the type of music.

Best Answer

Where do you play a sampling on the site so I can hear the type of music?

Best Answer
Best Answer

Close.

Best Answer

A "google" search of Shakuhachi and Japanese will list some Japanese artist. I don't know if that will bring any luck or not.

Best Answer

Hmmmmmm....... Do you know any website that can do some search of instruments that plays on any song (like flutes, bells, and drums) around the world?

Best Answer

The only thing I can suggest for that is to continue entering the information in different ways on search engines. As for finding songs and artists, you may want to try www.allmusic.com

Best Answer

I'll try. Just one question, we try Scottish music?
Or is there a specific type of song/music besides Gamelan that plays a song with bells, flute, and drums?

Best Answer

Or should I say "Cusco" music

Best Answer

The only other ones I know would be Celtic, Meditation, and Zen. Not sure those are what you are looking for. These are definitely not my area of expertise, and I wish they were so I could help more. All these years later, and I still hate it when someone is looking so hard for a song and I cannot find it for them.

Best Answer

I guess I'll look through the three that showed me. Thank you.

Best Answer

your welcome.

Best Answer

Hey I think I just thought of an easy way how to find the song that I'm looking for. What if I use a software (like the garage band software) with sound effects of instruments and make it sound like the song that I'm looking for and put it in an audio/music/sound search that will help me find the song with the same identical instruments playing in it. Would that work?

Best Answer

I guess it's worth a try. If you actually have a sample of the song, song recognition apps from smart phones may work.

Best Answer

Okey dokey. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hey there, I think I found a few songs that have the instruments that sound similar or the same as the instruments that play in the song that I'm looking for.
I show it to my sister and her boy friend and they told that the ringing sound that I'm talking about came from an instrument that is called a "Synthesizer/glockenspiel"
it sounds similar to the ringing bell sounds from this clip right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du5WbtIR-us
The drums sound like the drums from this clip. I don't know what they are called but I'm guessing people call them Drum cargos or congas; or some kind of african hand drums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5P3MrQgGw
And as for the flute, it kinda sounds like the flute from this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSqG83uRE1w&list=UUnVXYNbFM63JJciHZw-FXuw&index=10&feature=plcp
However, I found a song (from itunes) called "Ocarina" from Itunes that was made by the Artist "NAZCA" and it's playing the flute that sounds just the flute from the song that I'm looking for. Right here.
http://ax.search.itunes.apple.com/Webobjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/search?entity=song&media=all&page=1&restrict=true&startIndex=0&term=nazca
I think the flute is either called a Pan pipe or an Ocarina. I could be wrong though, but I'm almost positive that those instruments sound very similar or the same as the song that I'm looking for.
I've talked to someone else on here and he/she said that it might be a "Sub-saharn African music"

Best Answer

Can you remember how it goes? Hum it onto U Tube or something, (daft as it may sound it could help, someone might recognise it, what lead instrument was is played on ? Roughly when did you first hear it? Any idea, what style it was, Classical /Pop???

Best Answer

Well, the song that I'm looking for was an instrumental song that sounds so emotional. It was smooth calm, and relaxing and when starts playing, it plays the first instrument that sounds like Vibraphone (saxophone or bells); the ringing sound smooth and gentle. Then plays instrument along with it that sounds like a flute (or a pan flute) that makes me think of a wolf howling, and then plays an instrument along with the others that sounds like indian hand drums. Then I listen to the flow of the song, it makes me imagine a wolf howling at the full moon at night and running through the forest at night (while I'm meditating). I'm really don't know what type of music it is but the song sounded like a native american, celtic, irish, nature, zen, or something else.
Do you mean "U Tube" as in "Youtube"?

Best Answer

Have you named instruments in your youtube search?

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Do you have the link so we can hear it. You never know, we might at least know the style.

Best Answer

No, but I can describe it.

Best Answer