PRETTYBBW PRETTYBBW 31-35, F 8 Answers Mar 23, 2011

I am going through a very similar situation. I was in a relationship w/ my ex for 5 1/2 years.. He proposed in July 09, officially moved in w/ me Sept 09, and the next month started talking about we weren't compatible. In what twisted world is this substantial?! It was a very confusing and hard time and I called it off before he could. We continued to see each other until I ended that in Jan. 2010, a few months later, he is in another relationship. At the beginning of this year he tells my sister via text, not me, that he is engaged. He is getting married in Sept. (2011) I have been up and down emotionally. You just have to get it out of your system. If you want to cry, do it; if you want to scream, do it!, if you need to fight, get to a gym and hit on the punching bag! BUT train your head to let it go and move on!!! Beyonce's song, "Best thing I never had." was written for people like us. "This to shall past" and I will be d@mned if I let him take away the happy future that is meant for me! Everyday that passes, it gets better. Give it time and let go.

Best Answer

nothing gets you over the last one like the next one

Best Answer

This same thing happen to me... Geez, what wrong with people. Anyway, I was engaged and living with someone and he was seeing somebody else that I didn't know about and he told me he was going out of town on a business trip but her went to Vegas with this other girl and married her...then he came back and lived with me for another month before I found out ( no, clue what he told her during that month) To make matters worse he opened a credit card in my name and forged my signature and used that to get married in Vegas and I started getting calls from bill collectors wanting me to pay it... then I had to get an Attorney..then that took almost five years to clear it off my name but it eventually got done. My life was an upside down mess because of that man. I wish I had a magic cure to help you...but I got mad, depressed, I hid out from the world...and I gained weight. It has taken me about five years to feel normal again. So, my best advice..don't do what I did and get depressed and wast anymore time thinking about the jerk. Pick yourself up..dust off..and say I'm going back out for find my prince charming.

Best Answer

Be happy for him!

Best Answer

I wish, I could but its the way he did it. He asked me and I said yes, but I wanted us to wait before actually getting married. He decided to start seeing his ex and he did not tell me. A few months later, he went to the city clerks office and married her and tried to hide it from me. He wasn't sure at the time, if he had done the right thing so he tried to keep us both! Its a long story, but he lied to me.

Best Answer