I had no regular teenage life to speak of my mom was so sick all the time I had to take care of her. I'm not the most socially graceful person and was bullied & picked on from day 1 in kindergarten for being weird, and what few freinds I did have I wasn't very close to. My best freind since kindergarten walked up to me in 2nd grade & said "I'm not youre freind anymore" rather the risk her own social status. If you need a freind now I'd be more then happy to. My best freind in high school had Asperger's too & I know It's very difficult for a lot of them to make freinds. As for missing out on the important events, you cannot change the past but you can certainly work to improve your present & your future. By the way, even so called adults wish they could do stuff they did or didn't get to do when they were kids. I especially wish I still had some legos to play with, I could play with them for hours.

Best Answer

It can be hard yes , I was a child drug addict and out of home working full time ver young . I at times wish I could have done all of the things the others got but my past makes me who I am today . Even things like not having any choice when I lost my virginity or not getting to go to schoolies or doing sports can bother me at times but I think it gets easier with time .<br />
You can't change it so I look at is in a positive , I went through all I have so my kids don't need to . You look for your positive ,

Best Answer

Every life experience is essential, whether its uncomfortable or comfortable. Look into your life right now, and see where these desires can be met in a healthy way. You aren't expected to have gotten over them because we desire things all of our lives. Your not supposed to be anywhere but here, in this moment. My high school experience was a lot different then yours- i made a choice to not do any of those high school things. I took to my self, and my studies (in the first two years i was more social, and got into drugs then got away from them) . So when i was about 15 i kinda stayed away from high school things. From doing so, i had regretted a lot, but i then realized that i will always have a young part of me, and an older, wiser part. I do expect that it will be there forever, and its up to me to keep balance of the <br />
two. And when i tip to one side to much, it is very easy to recognize.

Best Answer

You have to move on. It's going to be tough but you have to look forward to the future and not the past. Make some goals for your self and strive for them. Best of luck to you

Best Answer