courtnie15250 courtnie15250 13-15 4 Answers Sep 24, 2011

A permanent loss is a permanent pain, but it does come less often over time, and hurts a little less. But you won't forget.

Best Answer

Give yourself time to grieve. Unfortunately the only thing that helps is time. My mother once told me that we should concentrate and remember the good times we had with them and not on the fact that they are no longer with us. We remember how they enriched our lives and made us better people for knowing them.

Best Answer

You don't, but with time the pain lessens and it gets easier, Grieve at your own pace and don't let anyone else tell you to get over it. <br />
I dealt with a lot of insensitive comments when my sister died 5 years ago, I had to tell people to butt out and let me grieve how I need to, not how they want me to.

Best Answer

One of my best friends died in 1994 from liver, colon and pancreatic cancer and I wasn't able to say Goodbye to them or let them know how much I loved them when they were alive. It took me YEARS to really get over it. I cried a lot, wrote in my journal about how much they meant to me and how much I loved them. I am a firm believer that there is no *set* time for someone to stop grieving. It's such a tremendously personal feeling, everyone grieves in their own personal way. I just tell myself that I was so fortunate to have had them in my life in the first place, and we are all connected to one another in this lifetime. <br />
Do not ever feel as if excessive crying or seeing a therapist is a cop out. Grieving is a very personal thing, the way we choose to grieve, and you should give yourself a big hug, knowing how much that person loved you too. Be gentle with yourself. People are not irreplaceable.

Best Answer