I tried bug and tar. Nothing is working.
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 13 Answers Aug 5, 2009

Rubbing alcohol.........

Best Answer

trade your car in for a new one

Best Answer

Goo Gone, or kerosene.

Best Answer

Goo Gone works very well.

Best Answer

Holy crap? Acetone? Great way to remove the sap AND your paint at the same time. The sap will definitely be gone, alright. Gezus...THINK, people! Two similar products "Goo Gone" and "De-solve It" available in USA grocery stores will remove any gum/grease/crayon/sap/adhesive safely from any surface. I became a believer when I personally removed YEARS OLD HARDENED CHEWING GUM from a shag carpet...with no signs of it ever having been there left behind. It's made from CITRUS OIL, not petroleum derivatives, so it's safe for most any surface. If used on clothing, it leaves an oil-type "spot" that easily washes out in the laundry, just as if you rubbed the skin of an orange or lemon on your clothing. When in doubt about what to use to remove a stain (especially gum/sticky/tar), I reach for the Desolve It. Nice sales pitch, eh? It's one of the (probably) ten products in my life that really DOES DO what they claim it's capable of doing.<br />
Since it is citrus, I'd imagine that any of the "citrus" cleaning products would work...or perhaps the lemon oil that someone recommended. I just KNOW FOR SURE that Desolve It will definitely work with no harm to your painted surfaces.

Best Answer

I use lemon oil for sap.

Best Answer

Don't park your vehicle under the trees that sapp you!!!

Best Answer

Very hot water, ordinary car wash detergent, a soft cloth, and a lot of elbow grease. :)

Best Answer

I heard that a can of coke worked - what does that say about what I drink, I don't know!! LOL!

Best Answer

Pine oil

Best Answer

I thought hot soapy water and a soft cloth would work, but if you've tried that and it didn't work, than I have no clue.

Best Answer