Questionator Questionator 26-30 143 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

this works 100% of the time- drink the tiniest sips of water and swallow them without breathing- do this as long as u can hold your breath.

#2 what used to work for my daughter is i would startle her and voila' they'd be gone

Best Answer

never worked for me

Best Answer

I imagine Condoleezza Rice to be my future mother-in-law, then I get frightened and the hiccups disappears immediately lol

Best Answer

scare the hell out someone.....or have someone move there finger and your eyes follow not your head YOUR EYES!

Best Answer

I saw a story where a guy had the hiccups, so his friend pulled out a gun to scare him. He then accidentally fired and killed him. He stopped hiccuping.

Best Answer

I tell my husband I have them and then at an opportune moment he jumps out and scares me. If I'm scared enough that my automatic response is to reach out and smack him one, my hiccups are usually gone. If not, he has to try again. What a good sport.

Best Answer

Take deep breath and YELL!! Crazy but true... at least for some

Best Answer

Hold your breath, then push down with your diaphragm until they stop.

I haven't had hiccups in about 40 years!

Best Answer

A friend of mine asks the sufferer

"What colour is the sky?"

Usually gets a puzzled look, then " Blue"

"What colour is the grass?" "Green"

She then announces

"Your hiccups have gone"

And they have......

Works best on people who haven't heard of it.

Best Answer

I drink water upside down...

Best Answer

Hiccups is the frenic nerve....had them for three days one time and I eventually had to go hospital - they gave me some kinda' injection and a few hours later the hiccups finally went away. Short term they're only annoying - long term they can be dangerous. Mine were so bad I couldn't sleep for three days...anyway, they fixed me. The assisting orderly was hot like hell...(grin).

Best Answer

hold your breathe and tickle the roof of your mouth w your tongue

Best Answer

sometimes peanut butter helps.

Best Answer

This cure has worked on 99% of the people to whom I have suggested it.

Drink a full tablespoon of white vinegar - it will almost 'take you breath away'!

But, a nicer way to administer this cure is to eat a pickled-onion!

Works every time.

Best Answer

Kiss

Best Answer

This works for me...

I hold my breathe and swallow 3 drinks of water.

Best Answer

Seriously, take a spoon full of sugar -- trust me it works.

Best Answer

fart it out

Best Answer

I get very bad cases of the hiccups. My sides ache from hiccuping so often. I can have them for more than an hour.

I have finally solved the worlds problems about hiccups.

When I was in school I was having a bad bout of the hiccups. I couldn't stop them and my side was aching. My hiccups are loud and embarrassing. The girl in the seat in front of me turned around and told me she would give me $5.00 if I hiccuped again. I couldn't hiccup again for the life of me. $5.00 was a lot of money to me.

Now when I get the hiccups like I always do, i remember that girls promise of $5.00 and I can usually get them to go away after half an hour or less.

Best Answer

A glass of water seems to do the trick for me.

Best Answer

I usually just wait them out, I always get the really painful ones though.

Best Answer