zombieprincess333 zombieprincess333 16-17, F 17 Answers Aug 10, 2012 in Health

Meds help, yes, but getting counseling from a psychologist and learning CBT (congnitive behavorial therapy--in a nutshell, learn to choose your thoughts and you learn to choose your feelings) got me out of depression and changed my life. CBT works well, but there are no perfect cures, so I still have my down times. The difference is, I know how to lift myself out of them. Just what thoughts and behaviors will work for you is something you have to learn for yourself, so unfortunately I can't just say do this or think that and everything will be OK. But you can learn to get control of your thoughts and feelings, and you can learn to see the world and yourself in a new light. Just yesterday I had a horrible day, but today I'm doing OK. Before therapy, I would've been down for days or weeks or months. So if you can get counseling from a psychologist who practices CBT, do it. And in the meantime, remember that everything, including your feelings, is in a state of change. Your feelings will change. Please keep that in mind. And best of luck to you. The world needs sensitive people like you.

Best Answer

take antidepressants and increase the chemicals in your brain. trust me.

Best Answer

you need to talk about what is making you have these thoughts. I am here to chat if you want someone to talk to. I am just an old woman that has been through this kind of pain myself. Private message me if you want to talk about it.

Best Answer

Talking, writing, and GET HELP!!!!!! As in now or asap. Talk to a school counselor, your priest, a social worker, a doctor. Please<br />
And please, do not let the thoughts turn into action, just get help

Best Answer

I believe by jumping up and down three times while singing "Mary had a little lamb"

Best Answer

Kill them... then life can grow

Best Answer

Take your meds

Best Answer

A screw driver. Emm no seriously. Talking helps. Professional help works. It depends on what's making you upset.

Best Answer

like getting a song out of your head... listen to the whole thing, then let it go. There's nothing entirely bad about suicidal thoughts, as long as you don't act on them. If you feel like you might act on them, get somewhere safe where you won't be able to act out your thoughts. Once you are in a safe place, don't push the thoughts down, but rather push through them. If you push them down, they'll just come up again.

Best Answer

studies shows the most effective way of stopping them is to go ahead and kill yourself.

Best Answer

When you figure it out tell me. Mine have been around for 3+ years.

Best Answer

Get pissed.. dance.. take your meds.. go to therapy..

Best Answer