i wish to god i knew what i knew now at 18. i would be set!
verycheeky verycheeky 36-40, F 14 Answers Sep 24, 2009

Boy! That's a tough one, especially when you hurt with them.

Best Answer

You can't my daughter is 29 now and JUST LIKE ME scares everybody scares me the most.<br />
Just Love them and be ready cause you already know what going to happen

Best Answer

Was your mistakes really that bad ? I mean you grew up to be a person who recognizes when a decision is not in your best interest right? or you wouldn't be asking this question. The mistakes you made when you were younger helped you to become who you are today and that growth never stops. Your kids need the same freedom to grow from their mistakes. You already know what's best for you.

Best Answer

I was a horrible teenager. Drinking, drug, sex, skipping school; really bad. Now I have twin girls who are 17. They are sooo good. I don't know how I got so lucky. I think I contribute that to the fact that their dad is very involved in their lives and that we are very open with discussions of drugs and sex. My girls can talk to me about anything they want to and I don't freak out no matter what they say or ask. Openness is a good way to keep kids on the right track.

Best Answer

I tried to do everything in my power to make sure my oldest two didn't turn out anything like me.....<br />
They are 23 and 25 and have had to learn almost everything the hard way....just like me... :-(<br />
I don’t think you can get your kids to not make the same mistakes you made growing up…..<br />
At least I couldn’t. It seemed like there more I tried to explain the reason something wasn’t a good idea ( because I had already been there, done that and got the t-shirt) my oldest two made a bee line to make that very same mistake…

Best Answer

Good luck. If you ever figure that one out write a book - you'll make millions.

Best Answer

Talk to them, it is one of the times you need not to be a parent, but approach it like a friend relating an experience, how you felt, what you did with those feelings and what it led too. It has worked with my kids and step kids, and now if they got something bothering them, we can talk. If it is something I don't have experience with, I tell them up front, and ask to be let in on how they handled it, and if it got them the results they wanted.

Best Answer

I don't think you can. When you are young no matter what you will not listsen to people around you. You think you know best.

Best Answer

You let them make their own.

Best Answer

My mum learned very quickly the only way I'd learn is through my own stupid mistakes ... although she still advises me on what I should do

Best Answer

a question for the ages...

Best Answer