wideopenspaces77 wideopenspaces77 46-50, F 12 Answers Mar 24, 2011

Luckily my sister & I see eye-to-eye on the big stuff but my friend and I are the COMPLETE opposites on that kind of stuff. We just acknowledge that everyone has a right to their opinion. Politics don't really bug me because if they want to be republicans, let them, but when people make racial/prejudice comments I can't keep my mouth shut. You have to stand up for what's right. That's my advice, at least.

Best Answer

i am just thinking aloud here,i listened to his nonsensical ranting about politics,and i kept my mouth shut when he told me where he had heard this line of thinking(at church!!!!!),but i LOST it when he said the N word.he knows you do not say it around me.he even prefaced that comment with" i know this is going to make you mad!"it makes me so sad.thank you all for answering.

Best Answer

Well as far as politics goes there’s always differences and the way to handle it is to except that it’s a free Country so you have your political view and they have theirs. <br />
As far as the racism goes – I am hoping that you are against it and the way to handle it is to do what you can do to stop it’s spread. Cheers!

Best Answer

Avoidance and denial.

Best Answer

A racist attitude is one of several things I can't stand about my brother. I haven't seen him in about 3 years. He and his family live down south, and he doesn't tell me when they come up to visit my parents or his wife's parents. I've decided that we really don't have much in common. It's like we live in two completely different worlds (which we do).

Best Answer

Hi wideopenspaces77<br />
They say you choose your friends not your family. I guess you are stuck with them. I guess challenge the views you do not hold yourself. That is your right and duty really.<br />
Best wishes<br />
:)

Best Answer

he may say what he likes about politics and religion but, racism is intolerable to me.

Best Answer

Well, my sister agrees with me on most of the big stuff. However, she advocates much more radical, revolutionary solutions to the same problems and considers me a bit of a ninny for my slightly calmer approach. I just let her rant lol.

Best Answer

Racism never comes up, if they were racist I would get in a fight and stop at nothing to make them see they are wrong. I would win. But with politics or religion, I will keep my mouth shut, or, find common ground to agree on, or, I will disagree in a not very strong way and pretend to be more on the fence than I am. I will say, "hm, I guess that's possible but it isn't likely." Or I'll say, "that's interesting." But I will either withhold my opinions, or I will try to find something we agree on. If they are being really bossy and imposing with their beliefs, I will not assert my opinion but instead I will tell them, "you will never win this, and I am never going to be indoctrinated by anyone. No one in the world can convince me to believe what I know is not true. Stop being a crazy obsessed zealot and trying to convert me. If you hadn't noticed, I don't CARE what you think." I'd be as nasty as I like telling them to shut up about their opinions, but I would not add fuel to the fire by fighting my opinions against theirs as that does no good.

Best Answer

never mentione in my home not allowed

Best Answer

racism is not allowed in my home either.that is why i was so hurt to get a phone call,out of the blue about politics, and then the n word.

Best Answer