The time difference between our last meeting and now is significant because I was 11 the last time I saw these girls and their dad. They were ages 6, 9, and 12. It is 6 years later, I'm 17 and consider myself a "young adult." I feel I have grown tremendously, not only physically but mentally and emotionally too. The now-19 year old has a 3 year old son, the 15 year old was diagnosed with slight mental retardation, and the 12 year old was described to me as "silent; emotionally mature or disturbed." We didn't really have a lot in common I guess. They were just the kids of my dad's friend, Ted, so I would go over and play (along with my sister) whenever they'd have drinking parties. My dad's friend himself is sort of hard to figure out. He has a smile that never "reaches his eyes." How do I talk to them? Do I act like I've never met them, or pick up where we left off? The problem is, I don't know much about them. I don't want to dwell on the past bc they've clearly changed too.
theroadtohello theroadtohello 16-17, F 2 Answers Jul 29, 2010

Im sure they're feeling the same re you love....just "catch up", I wouldnt act like Ive never met them before though!

Best Answer