What are the positive outcomes of the death penalty? How is it a deterrent? How does it benefit society?
Riffster Riffster 46-50, M 25 Answers Jul 20, 2012

Those who receive the death penalty are never repeat offenders.

Best Answer

hello, Riffster,<br />
there is never a justification.<br />
murder is murder, even when it is state sanctioned.<br />
the only possible justification is self-defence or defence of another.<br />
well, that's my view.<br />
respect, from robbie

Best Answer

To kill one that kills another.. It just repeats itself endlessly

Best Answer

I wouldn't attempt to justify it is wrong on so many levels. It does not reduce crime levels either.

Best Answer

I don't. The death penalty is weak and not used nearly enough. Our prisons are packed with people who want to be there, but if they knew three times and you get a bullet, this number would shrink. I also think rapists and child molesters should be shot at the gate.

Best Answer

John Wayne Gacy. Honestly? You really need a reason? I'll give you 33.

Best Answer

Ted Bundy also

Best Answer

Jerry Sandusky. Do you believe that society should be paying that bill?

Best Answer

Eliminates the bad from the good, but it's still ironically not "justified" because you can't just annihilate someone no matter how evil they are. We don't have the right to take a life no matter what, we aren't gods so we shouldn't act like one.

Best Answer

Justify? If anything we should be using it more. Try this. The prison system is a failure. Rather than a deterrent to crime, its a place society pays for its criminals to go re offend and come out more violent than when they went in. You behave like an animal you should get put down like one. Period

Best Answer

Easy.

Best Answer

Easy,<br />
Ted Bundy, Green River Killer, Son of Sam, John Wayne Gacy and others.<br />
Better way would be to talk to the victims themselves(oh wait,can't) or the family members who have to live with the pain of their loss. I have and still do(most are friends of my family). until then I suggest you ask why hasn't the death penalty been used more?

Best Answer

I've been in state prison, and the women who are spending the rest of their life there for murdering their own children, or who murdered their lovers because they were unfaithful, etc. they don't care. There is no crying about the freedom they lost, no remorse for what they did, it is a life in there. You get used to it after some time. Never have to really work, have a roof over your head, 3 meals a day (albeit not that great but you still have commisary). They're not really being punished. The death penalty takes away-the people whose son or daughter was murdered having to pay taxes to house and feed the murderer-the pain the survivors feel that someone who took someone's life gets to live and breathe and smile and laugh.....I also think that along with cold-blooded murderers that child molesters and child rapists should be put to death. Most of them reoffend and steal another child's innocence and screw up their lives forever, after they do only a few years in lockup.....yet did you know that if you let someone deal drugs in your house you have a mandatory 10yrs...that's a different story though. I think the death penalty should be reserved for the scum of the earth....

Best Answer

It does not deter anyone or people would stop committing these crimes.<br />
It is also the State or what ever form of government committing the same crime. <br />
A carefully planned out and executed murder of a defenseless person.

Best Answer

personally, i would rather be given the death penalty if the other option was life in prison.. i think death is the easier path to take which is why i am not certain that it is the best punishment.. but i understand why the death penalty is used, some people do unspeakable evils and thus lose their privilege to live..

Best Answer

That might be so but some people do unspeakable evil and hide under the name of Political leader and a whole lot of other seemingly respectable titles.

Best Answer

We aren't perfect, and neither is our justice system. That and I'm Texan, we love that stuff down here.

Best Answer

Are you then saying that it's ok to kill an innocent because the justice system is imperfect?

Best Answer

Humans aren't like ants, fear is a massive behaviour modifier. The death penalty is a tool, it can be used for good or bad outcomes. Society has deemed it has more negative outcomes than positive, but it's also plain to see social order has deteriorated in a soft society.

Best Answer

it's a disposal of something that shouldn't be alive. Not killing murderers is a slap in the face to every normal person. Sustaining them with tax money is more then that. It's a crime.

Best Answer

It serves no purpose other than to pacify the victim's family. And then they are made to go over the details of the trial at every appeal. Better to incarcerate the person for life than to kill an innocent person...short answer...

Best Answer

im all for it <br />
it sets a example for others

Best Answer

The removal of further grave harm.

Best Answer

Some people are so evile they must die. Don't need to justify that.

Best Answer

some people who are mentally ill can appear evil....its another question that is not always addressed correctly. Do psychiatrists always know what causes a serial killer? is it nature or nurture? People judge too quickly stating horrible crimes, Yes the crimes are horrible but what makes the person the way they are? According to a documentary I watched serial killers are born that way and nurture goes on to determine if they will then act out that tendancy.

Best Answer