(I'm only putting this in relationship and romance category because I'm thinking of a relationship between people not just a romantic connection) Seriously how do you know? You could meet a "great guy" and they turn out to be a fake and an @$$...How do you know the difference? I've met a lot of the kind that seems kind and turns out to be a bigger @$$ then the previous guy friend... How do you know the difference? How do you know if the guy is fake or not? This is honest curiosity please no smart mouth answers...Thanks!
yamihirugashi yamihirugashi 22-25, F 5 Answers Mar 12, 2011

ok here it is.. he will always put you first... your needs come first.... and when you do the same for him... ohh my god.. now thats a sweet friendship or love.... a great guy puts you first always....

Best Answer

always 1st? haha never had any friend do that! if a guy does it i think i'll fall over! thanks 4 the input ^_^

Best Answer

I saw a great answer for a similar question the other day (so i cant take credit for it)<br />
I plan in using it the next time im evaluating a girl, but it was related to a question about men as youve asked.<br />
Dont look at how they treat you, look at how they treat everyone else.... They could be putting on a show just coz they like you.<br />
If id followed this advice, I would have broken up with her yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs earlier. She is so rude to sales staff at stores and the like. Made me cringe to be in her presence in these situations tbh. I would often apologise to them, if i got a moment alone without her.<br />
A very valuable clue that i stupidly ignored.......<br />
Hope that helps :) Good luck to you.

Best Answer

thanks very helpful! ^_^

Best Answer

I think any guy who will take care of a woman when she's sick would be a good sign.

Best Answer

makes sense ^_^ thanks

Best Answer

There are usually little "red flags" even with the most practiced and talented fakers. Little comments he might make about women. The kinds of jokes that he laughs at. The types of movies that he watches. And when he talks about himself, what does he emphasize? When he talks about past relationships, what kinds of things does he say about his exes? Is it always someone else's fault, is he always the victim, or does he take responsibility? <br />
If he is a real fake, then there will be other people who know it. Fakers tend to silo their relationships...in other words, he might not want you to meet his other friends. He might not want to go to certain places- like where another "friend" works. He might not want you to know names of any of the people who were once in his life....especially someone like an ex....he will not want you to compare notes or know him in the way that an ex would know him. <br />
If you watch him closely, you will be able to detect whether he is turning charm on and off. Always consider the fact that words are cheap. See if he is like a chameleon at all- with different faces for different people. It is hard for a charlatan to hold up any singular facade for long.<br />
I think the key to finding a great guy is giving it time. Not allowing yourself to be charmed or to believe in him simply because you want to. The greatest men are easygoing, not too terribly complicated in their attitudes and prejudices, and they know what they believe. They are always who they are and they want to be around other people who are genuine too. And keep in mind, words are just that. Even if a man describes himself as having the right characteristics, it doesn't mean he has them. Like the man I loved who told me to "be yourself", yet then went on to ridicule me to within an inch of my life. It's all about actions. His respect for you and others. And time.

Best Answer

wow so much info! thank u! very helpful ^_^ <br /><br />hope u've found a better guy since then! :(

Best Answer

I think his true self comes out after some time so, you need to date him a bit and get to know him. But that's just me. I've met ladies who said he was love a first sight and their love lasted for ages so...

Best Answer

thanks makes sense (not only referring to relationships romantically mean friendships 2) but non the less thanks ^_^

Best Answer