elysiannomad31 elysiannomad31 31-35, F 14 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Health

Well when u can't sit still or feel anxious for no reason. If you are talking to someone and can't pay attention or listen for long periods of time then you are ADD.......or you are just some insensitive person who cares only for them self.

Best Answer

I ask this in all respect and honesty.. do you have it? because I was curious if that was how you feel. I often wonder what my son feels like. I just see him screaming and jumping ... making me crazy.. yeah.. its wild.

Best Answer

no but my little cousin had it and he was very anxious and wild but my grandmother put him in alot of activities that kind of retrained his focus. He was able to go to college , have a girilfriend, get a job , cdl and he is a semi trucker driver now at age 22. So I think if you are patient and put your son in alot of activities that calm his wildness then things will be okay.

Best Answer

If you go to a doctor keep in mind they will put your son on a lot of medication when really all he needs is more attention and to be refocused. I have seen lots of kids in the school system pumped up with pills when all they need is attention, patience, and redirection.

Best Answer

Been to a shrink, went through all the tests & evaluations - found out at age 40 I'm ADHD, but I've learned to deal with it - most people with ADD/ADHD usually don't get through school, but I got my degree (at age 40).

Best Answer

Taking algebra has been a nightmare. Trying to pass a course in math is impossible!

Best Answer

In college I had to take calculus 3 times!

Best Answer

You go to a doctor, specifically a psychiatrist or neurologist. If they specialize in learning disabilities, you're even better off. Be as honest as possible when answering questions or voicing concerns, because they are more than used to pill-seekers. How you manage your symptoms is ultimately going to have more of an effect on your life than just being clinically diagnosed with it. Good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

A person with ADD tends to have extreme difficulty focusing their mind on anything for any time longer than a few minutes... they are easily bored, other people may observe them to “bounce” from one task to another without getting much done. ADD people struggle to organize and complete jobs, but may be able to easily pay attention when doing something they enjoy. ***(doctors can test for ADD)

Best Answer

Sounds a lot like me.

Best Answer

take the meds.. make you hyper.. you don't have it.. make you calm you do.. my son has it btw.. he gets calm then angry its weird..

Best Answer

The meds they had me on did that too. So not a fan of methylphenidate anymore.

Best Answer

You are diagnosed with it. <br />
My nephew had it, but he's functioning fine<br />
as an independent adult now.

Best Answer

Have your doctor run some tests to accurately find out.

Best Answer

PUPPY!!! Sorry, what?

Best Answer

Go to a doctor.

Best Answer

I have no i Skittles! dea

Best Answer

runs with skittles bag and jumps up and down! hahahaha! catch me now!

Best Answer

Skittles power activate! Vroom Vroom!

Best Answer