I have to leave my man who have been with for ten years. It's very hard because I still love him but we don't believe the same way and there is no physical intimacy between us. We've been engaged for 5 years and I don't think he plans on marrying me. He says he loves me but doesn't care how I feel. Has anyone been through something similar?
jankathleen jankathleen 56-60, F 12 Answers Jul 25, 2012

Say goodbye ...<br />
Good luck!!?

Best Answer

do yourself a favor and end it. simple as that. it might be tough, but you will be glad you did it in the long run.

Best Answer

Thanks and I know you are right.

Best Answer

AHHH, let's see. Pack your gear and walk out the frnt door. Feasible?

Best Answer

very feasible indeed.

Best Answer

you never know what you have went our to close,until you back way to get a better look at it point of views.....

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation.....I really wish I had an answer for you...

Best Answer

I think the answer is to go, no matter how difficult it will be in the beginning and for you too. I didn't change this relationship he did and he knows what I want cause I told him and he isn't willing to do anything about it so to my way of thinking, that isn't really love. And what if I stay and miss out on something really great? Can't take that chance. I don't want to be miserable anymore and there is something we can do about it.

Best Answer

ack. That sounds like a really hard situation, no, I haven't been in a similar one. It does sound like you deserve better and are doing a good thing. Good luck, I hope you get through leaving him and then find the awesome guy you deserve.

Best Answer

I thought I'd up date the post and the question I started out with. Well, I am still here but now I have a good job and I'm no longer in love with this man and we have a friend/roommate situation. It never got better and in fact it got worse for me until I got this job and started feeling better about things and since then i've told him I'm leaving him and he said I never would. I just had surgery cause I broke my arm and foot at the same time and now i'm back at work.

I still don't get what I want in this relationship but I stopped wanting it! At least from this man. Why should I waste my time on someone who doesn't want to touch me? I'm sure there are plenty of men who won't feel that way. Now its just a matter of saving the money to move and moving closer to my job. If anyone is staying with someone who doesn't want you but you're afraid to take the chance to leave; leave. You will never know if you don't and you don't want to be in this same place 5 years from now.

It is a scary move but I'm taking it as soon as I can, i've stayed too long as it is. This October will be 4 years without sex! I can hardly believe that myself!

Best Answer

Yes. n it kills cause I also dont know how to leave. I love him but I know I deserve better. he never listen.. he can never pay attention to what I need. unless is for him to ****.. I really want to let go too

Best Answer