HOHS HOHS 36-40 8 Answers Sep 25, 2008

I had this problem with my son a couple of years ago -his apathy was really alarming -he was too young not to care about anything! So instead of feeding into that -I took everything away from him that he did have. I cleaned his room OUT. I told him I owed him a place to sleep, food in his stomach and clothes on his back; everything else was 'extra' and if he didn't care about it -there was no point in him having any of it. Well needless to say - after living like that for a week -his attitude changed and he slowly got his stuff back. Sometimes you really can't appreciate what you have until you lose it. As far as adults go -I have found that just going on and living and enjoying my life either pushed them to do something themselves or it drove them away -either way one of us wasn't wasting their life.

Best Answer

See counseling for yourself...You gonna need it!

Best Answer

I taught the brat with a baseball bat

Best Answer

acultofpersonality has a great way of dealing with children in this regaurd. As for adults..."cut them out of your life" while keeping tabs on them to make sure they are safe. I'm assuming this is an adult child. Don't give them money directly (if they are in dire straights pay the rent directly to the rental agency and same with bill) write in the subj. line of the check LOAN to childs name with a repayment date...give it to the child to give to the bill...that way you have him agreeing to repay the loan simply by having the check pay his bill. Becareful...statute for loan repaymen varies by state andcountry. Don't be afraid to take him to court and garnish his wages if he refuses to make an effort to pay the debt. Most of all you can't make them care...it's something they have to do on their own. Just protect yourself and don't stop loving them

Best Answer

My son is like this. I dont' know why.

Best Answer

Is the kid depressed?

Best Answer

Love them as much as you can, for sometimes they can't understand why the conflict themselves.

Best Answer