I have tried just about everything I can think of to meet and make friends. I have joined classes, book clubs, attended cultural, sports and other events but I never seem to click with anyone. The few I thought might like me are always "busy" when I try to connect with them which seems like just a brush off. I moved to my current home town 7 years ago and I hate always being alone.
LoveHopePeace LoveHopePeace 51-55, F 5 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Just say your name and whats up. They ussally do the rest of the talking.

Best Answer

Join EP :D

Best Answer

Hi, very easily can get friends when you change your present id "angrysadlonely" which creates negative vibration. Smile always & talk polite. Good luck.

Best Answer

i breed em.

Best Answer

Volunteer. Go to events that you find interesting. Work on committees or become a board member of different organizations. You will meet people that way and make friends.

Best Answer

I volunteer on 4 boards, write grants for several other non-profits, attend local sporting events, cultural events and book clubs. People act friendly towards me but they never have any interest in spending time getting to know me. I have tried to ask people I have met about themselves, asked them to meet for coffee or to attend a movie or just to call me to chat but I am always told "I'm just so busy" Or "I just don't have spare time" or "I'll call you soon" which NEVER happens! It is sometimes embarrassing when I see people who have told me that they will call me but never do. I used to have friends in my old home town but where I live now it seems I am the only square peg in a round town.

Best Answer

Try investing in yourself. Do things for you. If you enjoy working with children then volunteer to do that. People are busy but they are not too busy for people that they find interesting. Work on your hobbies. I like to watercolor paint, garden, cook, read, ride my motorcycle, do Bikram yoga. I have met people through my hobbies and by taking classes. I met some people through the art supply store, through the gardening club, through cooking classes, at the motorcycle shop and at the yoga studio. My wife and I are members of a few book clubs and host events at our house. You have to try different things.

Best Answer

Thank you for taking the time to offer help. I have met many people through my work, hobbies and volunteering but I have never been able to cross the line from making acquaintances to building friendships. I will keep trying!

Best Answer