1woody 1woody 36-40, M 21 Answers Dec 16, 2011

I have traveled that very path my friend. The only thing that helped me was to volunteer. I gives you perspective into your not as bad off as ou think you are and helping others does something for your soul and self esteem that all the drugs and counseling can't hold a candle to. Good luck on your journey my friend. If you ever want to chat just friend me. I will do what I can for you. I must add that is in addition to your meds and counseling DON"T stop them. Ask your Dotor to adjust them but don't stop taking them.

Best Answer

Dont listen to this idiot you keep taking those pills youll become a vegetable especially seraquil ive been taking it for years itll make you worse than when you started off, Plus counseling doesnt work all they do is show pitty on you not like they will ever make you truelly happy

Best Answer

Off the meds again..eh Sandman???

Best Answer

By not expecting meds and counseling to solve the problem alone in the first place. They will have a helpful impact but they cannot replace willpower. There is a term used in mental health, “fake it till you make it”. That is get up each day at the same time, force yourself out of bed even when you do not want to, make your bed, shower, eat healthy, go for a walk, go to counseling, take your meds, work on personal self reflection, learn about depression, read, expand your mind. Be active, get out of the house, go to the mall or a coffee shop and just be in the world. Do something that interests you, or even maybe used to interest you, even if you don’t feel like it. You need to know that logically that these things WILL help and you need to make yourself do it like your life depends on it, because it does.

Best Answer

It took years of tring one med combo after another until they got it righ, you have to be proactive in your search for this. I started suffering at 19 and didn't get it right for many years and i was deligent about it. Today I can say it's been worth my looking for the answers as I am at peace and feel I'm happier than most .

Best Answer

The med's side effects are my complaint. And I am too anxious, nervous with panic attacks without them. Thank you for your reply :) I am happy you found peace, I hope to do the same one day.

Best Answer

I hear from you and sense you don't have long now, when the phoenix rises you will see your smarts take off into somewhat of a genuis within yourself all derived from a collection of experiences that still has changed your life evn with your depression, no..because of your depressions, the manic highs is the part of yourself that thinks genius and you know it. Go for everything because the sky can be the limit.
As for the panic attact,...you must get to a Yoga class and learn to go with your head and let go , give it to God , a doorknob or anything you have faith in. Then ask for God if you will to direct and guide you to the place where all is well." Your fears are not you." Say when you first start to feel them,..just welcome them and relax when it gets there. Let ypour body do the relaxation.
I so,.. so wish you well and pray that God Will be Done.

Best Answer

Byron Katie's Inquiry, also known as The Work. It is free, it is easy, and it works.

Best Answer

its worth a try

Best Answer

It depends on what is causing your depression. There are several different kinds of depression. If it is a chemical imbalance, then the right medication is the best route to go. If your depression is situational, then you need to change your circumstances.........a lot easier said than done....right! It could be a combination of these things. I wish you the best of luck. I know how bad it feels.

Best Answer

Also, keeping the mind active, being around positive people, watching funny movies or being with people who make you laugh helps. Helping others. There are times when it sucks the energy right out of you, and you just need sleep when you feel like that.

Best Answer

Anxiety that gets so bad i turn agoraphobic i think is my depression because i am not depressed when i feel good. I tried all antidepressants and anti anxiety meds and I just do not like the dopy numb feeling of meds. I even tried the "just do it anyway" it is easier to run and hide in my safeplace but i am tired of that also.

Best Answer

I go for a walk that helps anyone if you can go to a little park some where when you can.

Best Answer

I love to go for a walk when i have someone to go with me

Best Answer

Have you ever considered a dog? There are soldiers that come home and all they can do for them is get them a dog to love and take on walks. You might look into a service dog that can be there for you even bring it to work if this is that bad. Look up service dogs. Usually they are free to people that need some help!

Best Answer

I am not sure the landlord will approve of A pet, that is A good idea though.

Best Answer

blue lady and zenny have offered good advice..i'd like to add...your medication may not suit you..check this with your doctor.

Best Answer

keep trying until you can't..? I'll let you know when I'm done.

Best Answer

it would help if i stop giveing up

Best Answer

That's a tough one. I use meds daily, and go to counseling if it feels like things are getting worse. I pray daily also, but honestly, none of these things alone would do it for me.

Best Answer

atleast now I know I am not alone. If you find a solution please share it with me.

Best Answer

You dont you just keep on getting more and more depressed unless you find someone, or find something time consuming like crack ******, becoming a drunk, or ****** with other peoples **** .... just joking...

Best Answer

Go to the joke boards then

Best Answer

Mediatation...trust me helped save my *** :)

Best Answer

i'll give that a try

Best Answer