i moved back to my small hometown after 2 years. There are no jobs in this place. Im not getting hired anywhere even with a degree. I am not doing well here. I dont get along with my family, I have no friends here...and i want to leave but i dont know how people do it. how do you just leave and reinvent yourself?
latreezey latreezey 26-30, F 13 Answers Jan 30, 2013 in Community

Packed my bags and moved away a few times now. The day will come when money has no influence, only then you will get your answer.

Best Answer

Sometimes you just have to do things like that. Life is tough and you have to roll with the punches. Keep fighting, girlfriend

Best Answer

thank you!!!

Best Answer

Unfortunately you will need some money. So the trick is to find some kind of job or work you can do for a few months. Save every penny. Plan where you want to go. Make an exact budget for food and lodging. Then take the bus to a new start in life.

Best Answer

Read my "I was a teen runaway story" it dont take nothing but the heart to do it miss

Best Answer

thank you love!

Best Answer

sheer determination and courage...it can be done

Best Answer

you dont, if u ever paid attention they only do that n movies and stories.

Best Answer

some people DO leave and make well for themselves ( in reality!!) i would like to know their process though!! it has happened!!!!! :-)

Best Answer

What a load of rubbish, of course people do. I have and I'm no actor or story book hero.

Best Answer

people do because people help them. they dont show that in movies because the character is supposed to be portrayed as a self-sufficient, independent person.

Best Answer

Best advice don't let the opinion of others have any influence on what you can or cannot do. You have a choice; stay in your risk free unhappy environment and grow old with bitter regret. Or you could pack up and go. I am not saying that it will be easy to do, but surely it has to be a better option that staying put?

Best Answer

huh

Best Answer

Wasn't talking to you.
But I am answering you now.
So tell me, what help did I get then? I am curious to find out what you think you know about me, or anyone else who packed up and left for that matter!

Best Answer

Oh just for the record, I consider myself independent and self-sufficient.

Best Answer

absolutely nothing.

Best Answer

Then why talk crap

Best Answer

i speak from my personal stash of wisdom.

Best Answer

not only that but I wonder how do they afford new cell phones every 6 months just to show how down and out I am .

you might have to make yourself a job , it may not be up your alley but look around at menial work , find out what the bums are doing . any old ladies need someone to drive them around in their car or run errands . heck you might have to walk someones dog @ 6 am . use that college ed and figure it out . I really feel sorry for you guys . there was a time you could go any where in america and find work . that's how I saw the USA back in the old days

Best Answer

oh trust me...i can do that. the only thing that im finding hard are fast food jobs...but i've been turned away from a few of those bc i have a degree :-( who does that?!! seriously though, your diligence i have learned that it will take you a long way along with your character. im asking people all of the time if they have work (of any sorts). Im an all around type chick. if someone is willing to teach me, im willing to learn. i wish i could find a farm to work on. that'd be awesome. yeah...the US isnt by far how it used to be. Yay for education but you have to have sooo much experience, tht they dont include the people that dont have the experience yet ya know! but hopefully we all (who need a fresh start) will find that great start somewhere soon! thank you so much for your encouragement and advice!

Best Answer

just get a car and go lol

Best Answer

ha! i wish that it were that easy!!! otherwise...me and my little honda would have been gone as soon as i got back into town!!!

Best Answer

a car and some money then lol

Best Answer

wait...never mind u dont have money.

Best Answer

HEHEE!!! Riggggghhhhhtt!!!...but nooo...taxes are coming!! haha!!!!

Best Answer

yeah so you really wont have any money left now lol

Best Answer

HAAAAAAAAA soooo true!! i have to just believe somewhere that it will work out somehow!!!

Best Answer

yeah i hope so lol good luck to u my friend lol

Best Answer

thank you!!!! XOXO

Best Answer

your welcome =)

Best Answer

I feel you, similar thing with me. if you find a good answer let me know. I might have to reenlist if I don't find anything.

Best Answer

the reply above yours is pretty good advice!! i only wish that i could have gotten into the military...but it just wasnt meant for me!! (clearly cause im not there!!)

Best Answer