help me!
secret81 secret81 31-35, F 19 Answers Aug 18, 2012 in EP

no booze, no drugs, get enough sleep every night, regular aerobic exercise...stop beating yourself up, try to be nice to yourself once in a while, have some fun, give yourself a treat...run home to mother for a week

Best Answer

i live at home im ashamed of that

Best Answer

I laugh at myself and pray!!!

Best Answer

I stay up late, watch stand up comedy, listen to good music,. eat chocolate, and answer random questions on the internet.

Best Answer

cocaine

Best Answer

no sir

Best Answer

Go to bed.. get some sleep and remember how lucky I am.. keep reminding myself how much I have and how little other people have.

Best Answer

I can agree, at least understand, all comments above. I deal with chronic, severe, multiple issues.... this has been every day, over the last 30 years....<br />
It does not matter why you got into the funk-- looking back will NOT help you move beyond this. <br />
Make a change.... any change, many ways to change were mentioned in the above responses... Change in any way and everything else will follow... Then boom! You realize you are feeling pretty good...<br />
How to choose what is best for you to change has to be your own well contemplated, plan. No one knows you better than you.<br />
Figure out what might be a wise change, make lists of possibilities, rate them.. do a Change it list!<br />
Good luck and much happiness...

Best Answer

Treat yourself to something special and make an actual written list of everything you have to be thankful for no matter how small.

Best Answer

I'm with some of the others. Too much still-time and too much time online put me into a depressive funk. I don't leave my loft on account of agoraphobia, but I -do- talk to my friends on the phone and on Skype to get myself out of a ****** mood. It really does help to actually talk to someone rather than interact with them online.

Best Answer

part of my problem when i get in a funk is i don't leave the house unless i need to. but i try to do something to break my routines (like walk my dog earlier/later, draw, play an old video game, etc) in order to break the funk. I also try to combat the source. When I'm depressed about dating problems or things not going my way and i'm not ready to confront my problems, I'll play Harvest Moon (dating/life sim).it satisfies my desire for control that i lack in real life. it's also cute but strategic and i get so absorbed i stop being depressed, then later i'm able to face my problems head on.

Best Answer

I lounge around for a bit, then shower and make myself up..Looking pretty helps me feel good. I'll also listen to my favorite music or cook something. Reaching out to others also help rid of the depressive, funk vibes when they decide to make my day crummy.

Best Answer

Wiggle your toes. Try it.

Best Answer

really?

Best Answer

I've been in one for the past couple weeks now, it's been quite the struggle. I've written in my journal how I've been fighting every day. Making sure to keep in mind it's just a mood thing right now, making sure to get myself outside, making sure not to do the self destructive things I tend to do in this mood. I distract my brain a lot. Books, movies, work. I hope it finally lets up for you soon. I was forcing myself to dance during one of the depressive funks. I'd just go to my room, put some headphones on, close the door and just dance. It seemed to help. What with the release of endorphines.

Best Answer

Go back to when you were happy, and really evaluate what's making you depressed, and figure out how to fix it.

Best Answer

By getting funkn impressive... don't dwell on negatives...

Best Answer

Strut your stuff down the street!

Best Answer

Playing guitar

Best Answer

cant play!

Best Answer

Learn. You'll never regret it. Play live. It's better than sex, and can occur far more frequently if you're single

Best Answer