You know, few weeks ago I would've rolled my eyes at a question like that, but now I'm actually clueless and want to know. Have a guy that started telling me he loves me on second week after we met. At first I thought he's just trying to get me into bed. But now he actually started talking about marriage, kids, what country we're going to live, how he's going to provide for the family after we get married and so on. When I tried to stop him and said we at least have to meet first to even realize if we actually do like each other, he said its nonsense and its only a matter of time till I tell him I love him too. We know each other for less than a month, talk every day but haven't met in person yet (that'll happen in about a month) because we work in different countries. He moves so fast and actually sounds pretty serious. I'm very confused and have no clue what to do because now I really have no idea what his intentions are. Or am I just overthinking?
SunnySmile SunnySmile 31-35, F 21 Answers Aug 30, 2012 in Romance & True Love

RUN.

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

hmmm to be honest, i did think of this option...

Best Answer

Well to give you the other extreme, I've never said I love you to my girlfriend, and we've been together more than a year. I think he's going very quick for people who have never met in person yet. He's going quick for people that have met. He's just going quick. Tell him to slow it down or he'll ruin it

Best Answer

I keep telling him this constantly. And every time I do, it ****** him of and he gets upset o.O And you know, not telling your girlfriend you love her when you're together for over a year... there's nothing to be proud of. Either let her to so she can find someone who actually appreciates her, or stop acting weird and tell her about your feelings.

Best Answer

yeah, i agree. thanks :)

Best Answer

You NEVER know until you meet someone face to face if the attraction is real. This really surprises me.. usually girls will "fall in love" with a person via text-only, whereas a man needs to see you. I recommend caution.

Best Answer

you know something? that is exactly what i've been telling him during past two weeks, except the girls part. and i'm also surprised that a guy is acting like that, whereas i'm a girl and i do want to meet before making any decisions. thanks for your comment and advice.

Best Answer

Actions speak louder than words. <br />
Sometimes though I wonder when things like this happen is if you just found someone who is in love with love, who has a goal of marriage and you fit into that goal... or if it is the real deal. No one can answer those questions except you... and I am not sure that you can trust an over the internet answer.<br />
On another note though... if you both share a goal of marriage, and are willing to put everything into it... arranged marriages can work. We are not always happy with our family, but most of the time we work through it because there is no other option... if you approach marriage the same way, and your greatest wish is to see to his happiness, and his greatest wish was to see to yours... then love can grow where it wasn't before. Yeah... like I believe in that anymore! Don't rush it... if its love, time will not kill it.

Best Answer

yeah, i agree. rushing into things like that can ruin it.

Best Answer

That can be dodgy so be careful

Best Answer

yeah...

Best Answer

Infatuation, not true love yet. Feelings are bouncing everywhere.

Best Answer

yeah, that's exactly what i thought. but for a guy to actually start talking about marriage, and living arrangements, and making me promise we'll be visiting his family once a year and so on?... *sigh*

Best Answer

It's overwhelming tell him to TAKE IT SLOW. No way this relationship will be successful if it's rushed, you guys basically just met sheesh. GOOD LUCK!

Best Answer

exactly! its what i keep telling him. but since when do men listen to women? lol

Best Answer

LOL men think with two brains ;) I think with the one with logical sense!

Best Answer

LMAO true

Best Answer

Sounds like you've got a whacko on your hands...

Best Answer

hmm well that's what i thought, but how do you actually know? that's why i want to meet in person to see

Best Answer

If you meet him, make SURE that it's somewhere very public. If you set up a date for coffee, you can get out of there quickly!

Best Answer

yup, that's the plan. thanks for the advice :)

Best Answer

I once dated a woman who proposed marriage to me during our third date!!! She had it all planned out which date the wedding will be that year. I later found out that she was unemployed and getting mental disability payments. That helped to explain it.

Best Answer

dump in......... and see what he does next ???/

Best Answer