MizzyH MizzyH 36-40, F 2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 in Community

I think we all have asked that question at least once in our lives. Even though our mind reverts to perhaps good times with someone, there is a little voice that tells us, "don't do it," and hopefully we remember why we disconnected with whomever in the first place. It sometimes becomes a mind struggle with ourselves. Give yourself some time and space. Get to know yourself, trust your intuitions, and remember, you don't owe anyone anything. Be your own person and eventually you may be able to connect with either those in your past or new friends. Above all, be true to yourself and who you are. :)

Best Answer

We see things in a very common way. And I'm doing exactly what you explained. I just seem .... disconnected. In rooms full of people, yet alone. I was at our company Christmas party this weekend, and somewhat wild and crazy, life of the party style of thing..... and yet... as fun as it was, I still find myself ... lost. I'm not lonely, just broken. I know I'll get through this, I am just soooo frustrated right now!

Best Answer

I used to wonder how one could feel so alone among others. It initially made no sense to me. After all, wouldn't you think having many around you would make you feel warm, fuzzy and filled with some sort of friendship/family/relationship glee? Ha! Not always the case. It's because there is a major part missing and that void seems greater than the Grand Canyon. What seems to help is to literally find a peaceful spot that you can basically take a vacation from life. Somewhere where you can think and turn off your brain for even 30 min. It really helps clear your head. Feeling empty and blah is not easy to get through, but somehow you will. Music and walking helped to pull me out of the funk I was in. Good luck. :)

Best Answer

Thanks... those were thoughtful and very insightful responses. I appreciate it. Happy Holidays to you.

Best Answer

You're most welcome. Just remember, as tough as it may be, as long as you remember you are your own best friend, you always have you to fall back on, to rely on and to help you get to where you need to be. Happy Holidays to you as well. :)

Best Answer