bowerman08hotmailcom bowerman08hotmailcom 18-21, M 15 Answers Sep 28, 2010

I just had this happen to me today. The president of our company came in and yelled at me because I did something for a customer. The GM was already in here asking me about it and I explained everything to him and he seemed fine with it. Then the president walks in and started talking to me extremely rudely and really loud. A lot of other employees were in the office and heard the whole thing. We were all pretty shocked because he does not normally do that sort of thing. I borrowed some swatches from his precious little "showroom" (that he is so very proud of) to give to a walk-in customer because we didn't have those particular 2 swatches in our swatch sample dept. The customer needed them badly for a meeting they were having that night and said they would mail them back to me. We are in desperate need of orders to help our company and I felt that was a huge priority over the showroom being without 2 little 5x7 pieces of fabric for 2 days. I was so angry that he would talk to me like that in front of my coworkers. I maintained my composure but inside I was boiling over. He used to be the only sane person we had in mgmt but now I'm not so sure.

Best Answer

Remember that before he is a "boss", he's human. Don't take it personal. Maybe he'd just gotten yelled at too...his boss, his wife- who knows. Know who you are and don't let him bring you down. Noone, no thing, and no situation, is worth losing your self worth, k? :)

Best Answer

I'd tell my boss promptly that the only reason that I could think of for yelling at anyone is because they are hard of hearing. I'd explain to my boss that I wasn't sure what gave them the impression that I was hard of hearing and that i'd like to let them know that yelling at me isn't acceptable, since i'm not actually hard of hearing at all. They'll look dumbfounded. If your boss then by chance tells you that they've yelled at you 'cause you did something wrong, tell your boss that, surely they've learned how to speak civilly to their employees. If they'd like to communicate something with you perhaps they should try using a method of communication in the future that is civil. <br />
Knowing that my boss understands my expectations for our interaction would have me feeling a lot better. I wouldn't let someone talk to you rudely just because they're your boss--if anything they should speak to you even more carefully. . . <br />
Once you let your boss know that they've stepped over the line, if they repeat their faux pas again, it is considered workplace harassment. Then the yelling will become an HR issue. <br />
Good luck! And sorry your boss is such a jerk.

Best Answer

thanks i'll have to try that next time

Best Answer

When people yell at me in the workplace (or anyplace), I say in a calm voice, "Is there something you want from me?" The yeller then usually starts ranting and raving about how they want you to act/do your job/meet your deadline or whatever. When they pause for breath I calmly say, "If there is something you want from me, speak to me courteously and with respect. Otherwise you won't get it." That usually gets the message across.

Best Answer

My boss is a bit of an *******, so I just take it for granted that I'll get yelled at. Don't take it personally.

Best Answer

I was humiliated nd sad at the same time...fine she is the boss but she shouldnt yet at her nurses in front of a client.i was so embarassed nd felt like resigning

Best Answer

was he actually yelling? as ignorant as it is, maybe he just had an e-flood, & you were the first person he saw. if he talked to you sternly because of a mistake, i'd suck it up & learn to take constructive criticism. it may hurt your pride, but will make you a better employee in the long run.<br />
if he was literally yelling at you, i'd wait until the next day when you both calm down a bit, & approach him on the matter. explain to him that you understand he was upset, but you are an employee, not a punching bag, & you deserve to be treated with respect. if he doesn't take it well, approach HIS boss. if he doesn't have a boss, i'd start looking for another job.

Best Answer

My Boss yelled at me once, a long time ago. I remember I had just come to work a few days before, and I had straightened up some horrendous messy files in an unorganized office. Then a customer who had been badly neglected for weeks called to complain, and the Boss came down and began to yell at me at the top of his lungs, blaming me because the files had been moved (that morning). I told the customer on the phone that the Boss (yelling at me in the background) was extremely concerned. He was in fact so concerned with the customer's problem that he was going to handle it....personally. The customer started to snort with laughter. I then handed the Boss the phone and walked out. I left him gasping like a fish.<br />
Two days later, my department supervisor called me, begging me to come back, but I refused. I told her that when the Boss resigned, I would come back.

Best Answer

punch him in the jeans! jk, dude it's the military...almost everyone is an ******* here. get out like me or let it go.

Best Answer

I quit

Best Answer

You do not need to recover when you are not affected and smiled at him instead.He has to recover from a shock.

Best Answer

Suck it up, and remember - B***S*** rolls downhill

Best Answer

Understand that he is just a human talking very loudly next to you and it won't feel like a big deal anymore.

Best Answer