Be upfront and honest, then after they fire you, your free to move on. Oh yeah I agree with pinkyy2001 too find something else first.

Best Answer

I think pretty much what everyone else said here. 2 weeks notice, a professional resignation letter and don't take any shots at people on your way out. No matter how much they pissed you off, just smile and walk out with your head held high and know that it was just a job. :)

Best Answer

I would NEVER take shots at people though sometimes I want to put my boss through the wall thats as far as I'd go.

Best Answer

Yes write a two week letter of resignation.In the letter thank them for the opportunities and wish them continued success.Do not go into anything else.Simple as that.

Best Answer

Thanatophobic I would agree with most of the above. You need to put it in writing, thanking them for the opportunity and valuable experience you have gained. Give them your two weeks notice and state that you would be willing to work a month's notice rather than just two weeks and also help train up your replacement. Employers often get disappointed in having to find replacements at short notice when pushed so this will get round this and it will also get you longer notice and money. Of course if thye don't want you to work your notice then thye have to pay it anyway!

Best Answer

Thank you, I have considered the idea of creating a manual to submit for the next Laboratory admin. Its quite a complex job but I don't use any of my previous "real life" or academic knowledge. = /

Best Answer

My degree was in Biochemistry and I worked in a Pharmacology Department for 2 Summers! I have hired and fired many people for many reasons and also walked out of a job giving no notice!! Something I regretted for a long time. However bad, don't burn bridges as a reference will always be needed. Your manual idea sounds a good one! Include a summary or precis thats snappy and to the point at the front

Best Answer

Don't ask me. I wrote my first resignation letter on a sheet of toilet roll.

Best Answer

HAHAH NIIICE

Best Answer

I don't even think you need to give them much detail. If you want to leave on good terms just write out a 2 week notice and thank them for the opportunity and experience. What can they say?

Best Answer

unless you have another job lined up i would tough it out. like you said times are tough

Best Answer

No job is specifically lined up at this point. Although you are right, I also feel that I have to make a commitment to myself to move forward and not feel trapped, I would rather babysit and go to graduate school than stay in a toxic work environment? thoughts?

Best Answer

no one wants to go to a job they hate everyday it just makes you misable but so does being hungry and homeless. Kepp you head down, cover your @ss with notes and Email, and look for another job. when you have something else lined up just resign dont make it a production and finsh off your time there like you said dont burn your bridges.

Best Answer