KindredEarthWalker KindredEarthWalker 31-35, M 6 Answers May 7, 2012

As a veteran of avoiding high school reunions (last one I skipped was the 20 year); I have found that there is no point letting yourself feel inferior. Whether or not the old classmate was smart or just a smart ***, he or she hasn't lived your life. The reason I don't go to my reunions... the girl in HS who was incredibly arrogant, had her own posse and was impossibly cruel and rude to everyone not in her posse... yeah, at the 10-year reunion she brought her 10-year old son. She hadn't finished college either, and was just as heavy as I was. And yet, she was still a stark raving beyotch. And then there were her groupies, all of whom were really stuffy, arrogant and thought they knew it all... they've had their own life-crises since then and have had to face the fiddler. We all get this one go-around and what you do with your time is not up for judgment from those sorry jerks. As for my crowd, what did we accomplish? I had 5 best buds. One has a PhD in Biology and worked on the salmon rescue up in Alaska. Now, he has received his NP and opened a free clinic in Mexico. He and his wife adopted a family of orphaned children from that Tsunami several years ago (3 children in all), along with their biological children. Another friend is a specialized diver for the EPA and he monitors aquatic conditions. He has helped save species. Another friend works high up in some organization that provides terror negotiations and interventions (I don't know the organization). Another friend is an olympic snow boarder who is also an architect. She is going back to school to become a physical therapist to help returning veterans. All of my friends have reasons to be proud and defiant. And yet, those who have accomplished the most are also the ones most humble and genuine. When I see an arrogant smart ***, I see someone who hasn't lived up to their true potential, and instead wastes it by judging me.

Best Answer

You've got it... we only live once. If you spend all your time comparing yourself to others, you're only going to be unhappy.

Best Answer

oh, I'm sorry you felt bad. The best way I know how to not feel like a loser is to do the best you can and be the most you can be everyday. No matter where you are starting from, just move a little closer to your goals everyday, and if moving forward isn't possible for you right now, love on somebody. Be nice to kids, or pet a dog....Volunteer....It feels good!

Best Answer

I was going to post an answer but this is all that needs to be said.

Best Answer

Thank you... I am humbled. (Again!)

Best Answer