Good question! I’ve dealt with that problem all my life. I finally gave up on it. I couldn’t change the situation that depressed me so I gave up on it! It’s very, VERY hard to do, but as long as it depresses you, it’s your master and you’re its slave.

Best Answer

Make changes in every other aspect that you can...and changes will follow suit elsewhere, over time..or at least your outlook won't be so gloomy

Best Answer

Depression is a serious disease which requires both medical intervention (as in anti-depressants) as well as cognitive therapy ---- (both) only treated by a qualified psychiatrist / neuro-psychiatrist.<br />
We, on this forum, are not qualified to answer this question.<br />
The question we MIGHT be able to help you out with: is just what do you mean by "you can't change the situation that is making you depressed"? We are all capable of changing that which is "making us depressed". Why can't you? You need to let us know about "your situation". It is then that we may be able to help. Otherwise, we're "blind".

Best Answer

my situation is that I cannot find a new job and my current job is a living hell

Best Answer

Sometimes money isn't worth your sanity. You need to either stnd up for yourself or get out and worry about taking care of your mental health rather than money. I know you need money but is it really worth it. I used to come home and cry about a job that I worked so hard at. My boss was overly dependent on me and I was working 10-12 shifts a week, my health, my family and my education suffered and it was time to go. Even if I didn't have money I would at least save my family and stop ******* blood.

Best Answer

leaving the job isn't an option, I can't get another one

Best Answer

Welcome to our current administration. A record number of unemplyed, forecolsed homes, etc. You might take heart in knowing that you're not alone --- you're one of many of us.
Your "current" job? You're lucky to have one --- you're doing better than the rest of us. Hopefully, there is a better life in the U.S. waiting for us.

Best Answer

In order to that, you need to avoid looking at the problem causing your depression. Its difficult to overcome this but its possible to do it with enoguh dedication.

Best Answer

You can change your outlook on it. You can begin by finding someone who's trained in dealing with depression. You can talk about it in a safe non-judgemental environmet. Sometimes it helps just to let it all out.

Best Answer

Do something that makes you feel better, even if you're still depressed. Find something that makes you smile, even for a little bit.

Best Answer

If I knew the answer to that, I could get my dad to stop feeling so bad lately :(

Best Answer

Howcome you feel you can't change the situation?

Best Answer

when you try to do something over and over will no result, you believe you can't change the situation

Best Answer

I don't know, any clues?

Best Answer