I have lived with depression most of my life. From my early 20's to my 60's. Been there, done that, have the T-Shirt. One think I can say from experience is......"This too shall pass." It will get better. The following site has some good advise that should help........http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/stop-feeling-depressed/ <br />
Just keep moving forward even when it doesn't seem you are making much progress. Someday it will pay off. Inaction is not the answer.......................

Best Answer

Know that the situation is temporary and more good times are on the way. Just keep the faith sweetie.

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind words. I suppose I know it is temporary, but it has come back so many times and I feel that I have missed out on so much of my life. Still, if I don't learn to look forward, I know I will never get better. I'll just sink deeper.

Best Answer

Quite often it is our past that makes us depressed - not what the future holds. Time to live for today instead of yesterday :)

Best Answer

Thank you...that is very good advice, but I don't know how to let go of the past and the feeling that so much of my life has been stolen by depression. I am, however, still grateful that I have pulled through all of the depressive episodes and that I have an incredible amount of empathy for others due to the difficult experiences. I still wish I could hit rewind and get back the time lost to depression.

Best Answer

Start thinking of the positive, writing about what's great in your life and what's great about you.

Best Answer

What a sweet and positive piece of advice...thank you.

Best Answer

Accept your past the only way<br />
some people write their past to accept it which is helpfull

Best Answer

Do you mean write down my past so I can get it out and that will help me to get over it? That sounds like a great idea for me. I love to write.

Best Answer

one day at a time

Best Answer

I'm trying very hard to do that...thank you. :)

Best Answer