I'm FINALLY gonna try 2 stop...any help? & no I will not follow any advice related 2 telling my family or guidance counselor or something like tht.
DarkAngelGal DarkAngelGal 16-17, F 8 Answers May 8, 2012

I think you already know the solution because you described why you do it. You said “it gives me control.” It’s the one thing that is the most common among people who self harm from what I gathered from working in a treatment center many years ago. And if there is one thing that drives people to want to control, it would be fear. And the one thing that helps with the fear is having faith that everything that is happening outside of your control is not going to harm you or leave you without what you need to live. Here is a little something that has helped me many times as a recovering alcoholic. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. What we try to hang onto is there are so many things that are physically out of our control or we have the ability to do anything about so we do the only thing that we can do and that is let them go. Yesterday is gone and we can’t go back and tomorrow is not here yet, so what else do we have but now. SO instead of self harm maybe it’s time to be good to yourself and let the rest of the world take care of itself. Just a thought.

Best Answer

Go to a therapist. Seriously, this is not something that you really are going to quit doing on your own. You need to get down to the real reason for it and fix that. With a professional

Best Answer

I would but I still don't want my parents to know.

Best Answer

Call people go tp mental health. Keep busy.

Best Answer

Umm keep busy yes...no 2 freaking mental hospital cuz I'm not tht bad!

Best Answer

...........try not going near any sharp ob<x>jects........just a suggestion...........

Best Answer

Lol..,dud I can make things sharp...plus I have shaving razors.

Best Answer

get rid of them - grow a beard.....

Best Answer

I'm a girl?

Best Answer

use veet!!!!

Best Answer

distraction

Best Answer

Be more specific...

Best Answer

do things to keep your mind off self harming, don't give yourself a moment to even ponder it. Fill your days will an endless array of activities until you can go long periods of time without giving in. Keep doing that and you will know you don't have to do it anymore.

Best Answer