Keep the pinp hand strong :)

Best Answer

Quick visit from the slap fairy,

Best Answer

pepper spray.

Best Answer

Beat it into them.

Best Answer

you have to show them what it is by example and, even though they are young respect them as well(as a person). If they've already lost respect for you and others it's very hard for them to gain it back, and remember it wasn't their fault that they lost respect in the first place.

Best Answer

Discipline! & follow through with what you say... If you tell them to do something & they don't & you told them you were going to smack them or whatever then do it... My son knows who's boss, I follow through, so he knows he better not push it... I can't stand dis respectful kids! Depending on how old he is too is gonna make it different...

Best Answer

Could you tell us a bit about him. He is heading into those teenage years.

Best Answer

he's 10,just visiting, Parents are very permissive,he thinks he can do what he pleases,ignores request to Pick up after himself,says I don't have to do what you say. It's not my kid, so I'm limited as to my options. I can't undo 10 years of permissive parenting,and I'm losing Patients . I raised 5 of my own,never had these problems, our kids never LEARNED to be disrespectful.:)

Best Answer

That's tough. I feel for young kids,i'm not sure what to say,good luck.

Best Answer

I'm afraid if his attitude doesn't change He's gonna have a Hard Life. :)

Best Answer

By example?

Best Answer

That could take Years,and if the Kid is 10 It's probably too late for example. :)

Best Answer

Oh, I see, well just leave the respect to one side, and act however you wish around the child, do you not think the child would follow your bad example? of course he/ she would, so why not give the child a good, positive example to follow anyway?

Best Answer

Your missing the Point. If the child is older and have been taught no respect, they have no Incentive to follow your example. Children do learn from example,but by 10 they have learned to have no respect,if they have lived with a bad example.

Best Answer

Then balance and a good example, show the child that having no respect does not gain them anything, and that by showing respect, it will. "punish" in an appropriate way, the bad behaviour, reward the good, but there must be balance to it. My own Daughter is all grown up now, so I couldn't deprive her of computer games etc, when she was a young Girl, they hadn't been invented yet. But I believe the youth of today love their electronic knick knacks, it seems to me that if you use these things as a deterent/ incentive, it might just work?

Best Answer

That's worth a Try. :)

Best Answer

Discipline.

Best Answer

A swift kick in the *** ..

Best Answer