I have a feeling I could be one. I dont try but I know I can be a bit standoffish to people if I feel your putting on a "face" and not being real. Is that considered a snob? hmmm...
bean2p bean2p 41-45, F 13 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Community

You sound like you got your act together. No time for losers or pretenders.

Best Answer

I think you may be "aloof". I'm aloof but not a snob; a bit on the shy side, kindly person, just not good at inane small talk...never mastered it. <br />
Snobs on the other hand, use words like "pedestrian" or "dreary" and emotions/facial ex<x>pressions are fine tuned to fit the occasion. Disingenuous.

Best Answer

Haven't quite figured out why that term is used to describe me... I simply think people don't know me because I am width and eccentric so they assume I'm a snob... quite the contrary.. I just am not fond of everyone I come across nor can I pretend to...

Best Answer

Thats how I am. i try but i think that comes of snobby. I normally wouldnt really care.. but i started a new job and i'm in a small training class with 2 other people. That i think need to stop with the i'm better at this than you are crap. I noticed today they hang out alot where i just go off and do my own thing.. because i don't have time for them.

Best Answer

Two people can both be standoffish for two totaly different reasons.<br />
1) One because they think they are superior and the other person does not merit their attention.<br />
2) One because they are shy and don't think they merit the others attention. <br />
There may be a 3rd and a 4th type... What type are you?

Best Answer

Well i'm not 1 nor 2. I don't feel superior but sometimes I feel that if you have to one up me all the time and i hardly know you,,,then I dont really have time for you. I am in a training class with 2 other people. and they do that to me and each other. They hang out with each other and I don't really care to and don't. So does that make me snobby?

Best Answer

Sorry i don't know what "one up me" means? but anyway you do not sound like your being a snob.

Best Answer

one up basically means when a person share's an experience, another person has one that sounds better than theirs. and it can go on an on =P

Best Answer

Oh one upmanship I understand. There is nothing wrong with wanting to avoid vain boasters.

Best Answer

you get water up your nosewhen it rains

Best Answer

That's called looking for a genuine person.........not snobbery

Best Answer

i like your answer, i just don't want to be perceived as a snobby person. I am not shy but I don't make friends easily...never have. At the same I don't really care what other people think but i work with these people and well its a conundrum for sure lol

Best Answer

Well u should know this.........people can / and always think whatever they want to........as long as you like who you are ...things are good.

Best Answer

If people feel that way.

Best Answer

When people dont want to be around you

Best Answer

By not giving a rats *** if you are or not...

Best Answer