QuestionMarks QuestionMarks 41-45, F 17 Answers Apr 29, 2009

You don't. You don't have any friends at work. You can have a healthy workplace relationship with people but never make the grave mistake of thinking one is a friend. The workplace is a competetive enviroment where personal information, inappropriate jokes, and offhand comments about superiors are an opportunity for others to use your forehead as a stepping stone for THEIR advancement. Trust me, it WILL happen eventually if you let co-workers get too close. It's a dog eat dog world and it's easier to lose friends than a job with insurance.

Best Answer

First of all - stop thinking that you have any "friends" AT work. They may be your friends outside of work, but at work they are your co-workers. Don't ever forget that!

In my experience, your enemies are the ones that are usually under-foot all the time trying to make you think they are your friend.

Best Answer

You can't tell the difference. I've had co-workers be nice to my face then turn and stab me in the back. Unfortunately you can't tell til after it happens. My advice be cordial to everyone, don't engage in gossip of any kind--it comes back to bite you in the ***--and don't hang out with them after work, have a separate personal life. It will save you from misery.

Best Answer

one stabs you in the back with a pencil & the other defends your honor by wacking the other with a stapler?

Best Answer

Your friends are the ones who smile at you.

Your enemies are the ones who smile at you.

Don't confuse the two or the consequences could be disastrous.

Best Answer

U DON'T. WORK IS JUST THAT. UR THERE TO GET A CHECK. BE CORDIAL BUT FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND. BESIDES, IF U HAVE TO ASK U ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. TRUST NO ONE!

Best Answer

They are all enemies at work; treat them as a friend to a certain degree but be prepared to have a knife in your back.

Best Answer

I've been at my job at a hospital for six years now and

still dont trust most of my co-workers. It's sad because when my family members were dying I thought I had

met true friends here and was I surprised and hurt to find

out that they weren't at all and yet heard- I was even smoking pot and having an affair with a gay friend of mine.

He helped me out when my car broke down and my brother died and still to this day helps me out/ funny thing is that my son is younger then him. Really amazes me that people even older ones are this cruel.

Best Answer

What does your heart or your gut tell you?

Best Answer

A friend will help you to do your work.

A enemy will give you little troubles but than you will be motivated.

I love both my friends and enemies. The importance is I will go down or go up

Best Answer

You know there is a saying " keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" Really does it matter? Everyone is right you're there to work not to create a social gathering.. just get along and mine your own business.. your private life is just that .. work is not meant to be a place of fraternizing, most companies discourage it anyway's because of problems.

Best Answer

gwenna is right about that one...

small talk and work go together well.

Smile alot.

Best Answer

There's a difference?

Best Answer

Um....one smiles?

Best Answer