Will he like me enough? What should I wear? Should I attempt to hold back my potty mouth? What if he doesn't like the way I kiss? Should I expect too much, or too little? Can I get away with that pre-date glass of wine? Is my mind going to go blank? Will all my words disappear? Will I just sit there looking like a fĂșcking idiot? Is there a reason why I'm more nervous about this date that I ever have been before? *explodes*
Josephine8 Josephine8 31-35, F 17 Answers Jan 12 in Community

don't have one... it works for me... LOL

Best Answer

Ah, good plan!

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

I only think about how I should take away hers.

Best Answer

How fĂșcking brilliant are YOU! That's an exceptional answer, if I could 'like' this 5 times then I certainly would!

Best Answer

Tell 5 of you friends to like it ;)

Best Answer

By the way, did you ever read my final comment to "Olga", the conclusion to my little tormenting of your self image?

Best Answer

I shall go check..

Best Answer

just remember hes more nervous than you and you both want a good time

anything like a relationships, love or sex that comes out of dating is just a bonus

Best Answer

wow! - and you always look so cool - good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. and the answers are

Yes, your nice stuff, not much - maybe a little, he will, expect enough, only a small glass, I doubt that very much, I doubt THAT very much, I'm sure you'll look great, no..you're just working yourself into a state *snips red wire to prevent explosion*

Best Answer

Thank you sweetie-pie :)

Best Answer

1. unknown.

2. what would you normally wear?

3. if you have a potty mouth, might as well let him see the real you.

4. then he doesn't...so, what?

5. the only expectation you should be concerned about is having a fun time and letting the truth of who you really are be shown.

6. if you'd normally have a glass of wine, have a glass of wine.

7. if you find him a bore, perhaps your mind will traipse off to another table...who knows.

8. if your mind traipses off, your words will return when it does.

9. you'll sit there looking like a fooking idiot if you have expectations beyond the first date.

10. you're nervous because you're likely considering not being yourself and are concerned if he'll like you. seriously, be yourself! if he likes the real you, half the battle is over. if not, you don't waste each others' time. this might be so important to you, because your age may leave you with doubts...and you'll try way too hard and come across superficial. chill. be you.

Best Answer

I hear you. And thank you, such wonderful advice.

Best Answer

[damn she reads fast! I just clicked reply a few seconds ago. did she hack us???]

Best Answer

I do read fast. Very fast.

Best Answer

I never worry about the first date. Until you really know you want a second date there's nothing at stake. I get more nervous for the second date.

Best Answer

With alcohol

Best Answer

Acid makes it easy to imagine they're another life form entirely, one that humans have dominion over. Someday I'll find out what they thought of me on the first date. I've never gotten to talk to any of them yet, you know how busy women get sometimes.

Best Answer

Ha!

Best Answer

a glass of wine.

Best Answer

it's natural and normal to feel anxious on a first date; it's always awkward and has uncomfortable moments. I try to psyche myself out ahead of time, mentally prepare, but it does get nerve wrecking. It's like you have to prove to another person that you're good enough to date them.

Best Answer

Wow...allot going on for a first date. It is fine to be nervous, it is perfectly natural. If you obsess about it too much then that could blow the entire deal. Be yourself and show him who you truly are as a person. Stressing over pleasing your date can only lead to disaster.

Best Answer

Good point, well made.

Best Answer

As a guy i like to let her mouth run. Let the nite flow...

Best Answer

LOL Don't overthink it. :-) Just relax and talk like you talk to a friend normally. If things start getting better while you are talking to this nice gentleman than take it from there and see what happens. :-)

Best Answer

Wine is good :)

Best Answer

MORE wine!

Best Answer

just be yourself. if he's the right one, it will turn out well anyway.

Best Answer

Beer.

Best Answer