I found my goose unable to walk yesterday evening. I seperated her from the others and actually brought her inside. Last night I applied a cold wet cloth around what I believe to be her injuried leg. This morning I've tried calling all of the vets in my local area and nobody services geese. She doesn't seem to be in much pain anymore. She can swim fine, she just can't stand our walk on her own. If someone helps her to stand up she can stand for about 20 sec's before she is back down. Her left "knee" looks a pinch swollen and I suspect she slipped. I'm not sure what I can do for her, but I'm trying to make her as comfortable as possible. She is eating and drinking fine.
love2005 love2005 22-25 6 Answers May 30, 2012

id say go with a splint to stabilize its leg good luck

Best Answer

I do not know. I salute you for caring for your pet please continue to do so thank you

Best Answer

if your local vets are clueless and non instructive what chance you'll find a better solution here.<br />
either way i figure your a great human being for taking the time to help something less fortunate.

Best Answer

Bandage it and it will either heal or it won't. If it doesn't heal, she will adapt. Not much else you can do. I hope she gets better soon. Try not to stand her up anymore.

Best Answer