I like to question people so please do not get offended if I ask questions of all sides in this dynamic topic. Murder has to deal with legality. Please don't use an emotional appeal in your argument. Saying it is murder is incorrect unless it is illegal in your area and the fetus is recognized as a person.
rainnsnow rainnsnow 22-25, F 13 Answers Jul 30, 2012

Legality, there's no question at this point. It was declared legal by the Supreme Court. Morally, people have different takes, but I think that enough laws are in place to prevent it from being a "baby." That is, I don't view an embryo as a human. It's just a bunch of cells at that point, and terminating it before they replicate any further is morally acceptable to me.<br />
That said, I don't think it is an excuse to have unsafe sex.

Best Answer

It's not legal to the same standard in all states though. There's different standards like some limit to 20 weeks, 24 weeks, etc. Some require women to get counseling before hand. Some require doctors to have admitting privileges to a local hospital which almost shut down the clinic when they had difficulty getting them. What do you think about it in that regard?

Best Answer

Good point. I disagree with laws set up as impediments to a legal procedure. They just confuse people and upset. Such as the trans-vaginal probe. And in one state, I think they passed that the doctor can lie to a patient to prevent an abortion. Which is utterly ridiculous. A state that passes laws designed deceive and humiliate women who seek the procedure sets is abhorrently manipulating its people in a way that should be illegal. As for the week-standards, I think there should be a national standard as opposed to a state-by-state standard. Gets rid of a lot of confusion.

Best Answer

Allowing doctors to lie to patients? That's scary. What happened to the doctors' code of ethics?
I think there was also a state that tried to make it illegal to get an abortion in a different state. I do not think that made it through any of the state's respective houses though.

Best Answer

Its murder.It doesnt matter if the baby feels it or has a chance to open his eyes or not,its murder.Somebody killed your baby and you let it happen.

Best Answer

Who is the "you" you are referring to? Also, murder is a the illegal killing of a person.
If the fetus is less aware of itself than an animal and unable to comprehend pain, should it be illegal animals?

Best Answer

You have no right to compare this to the Holocaust, Leftisneverup. A live human being is in no way analogous to a small cluster of cells.

Best Answer

at that point its not a baby.

Best Answer

I believe the job creators hate abortion because it depletes them of unskilled human resources they can later on in life underpay and overwork. All the moral mumbo jumbo is just a cover for this.

Best Answer

so true.

Best Answer

Ur killing Gods gift

Best Answer

What if the person has different interpretation of a god or gods?

Best Answer

or what if you dont believe in god at all?

Best Answer

It never feels right to me as a man to tell a woman what to do with her body. I can't bring myself to agree with it, but I wouldn't judge someone who had one.

Best Answer

Even if the father had wanted the child and agreed to take over all financial and parental duties of the child?

Best Answer

It's an individual choice and belief....there is nothing wrong or right with this. Let's not get emotional untill you decide to bring a life to the planet.

Best Answer

It's not a child yet

Best Answer

well we are talking about an embryo here...( I am assuming that embryo is between 0 - 3 months )and not a fully developed human being.....I think it's an individual prefrence to keep it or go otherwise.

Best Answer

Technically it is not a baby yet, it has the potential to be a baby.

Best Answer

It's the persons fault they had sex.<br />
That child was one in a million, and lucky enough to have to chance to be born...<br />
No one in the ******* right mind should MURDER there child before birth because they don't want to care for it.<br />
Inhumane, and wrong.

Best Answer

Do you know why some people have abortions?

Best Answer

Parents make them, religious reasons, financially unstable.
Either way, it's still very wrong.

Best Answer

how about rape molestation?

Best Answer

Good argument, but I still believe because the father did wrong, the child shouldn't be killed.

Best Answer

Popcorn! Get your fresh popcorn here!

Best Answer

oh man, loaded question. I think abortion should be legal up to 7 weeks pregnant. After that you should have to choose adoption if you aren't prepared to care for a child.

Best Answer

Some people find out about then they are pregnant. They may think they just missed a period and they'll get it next month.

Best Answer

yeah i know. I also think pregnancy tests should be free, so that if there's a doubt in anyone's mind, they don't put off finding out. that will probably never happen though.

Best Answer

They have cheap ones, but sometimes they can be iffy from what people say. Also, do you think it would be fair to ask someone to make a decision that quickly? If they get pregnant during or after their period and they find out on week 4 or 5, that's only 2 to 3 weeks to decide.

Best Answer

well, considering they decided to take the risk in the first place, they should have already been prepared for the possibility that they could get pregnant, and already decided what they would do in the event that it happened.

Best Answer

Legality depends on the laws of the country where the abortion takes place; in most civilized countries it's legal. I do not think that there any moral issues, because morals are the unwritten rules of a bigot society. There is an ethic issue, but that is 100% up to the pregnant woman herself.

Best Answer