BlueCedarTree BlueCedarTree 46-50 15 Answers Oct 9, 2011

From a strictly genetic standpoint, humans have a chromosomal arrangement: females have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX) and males have two distinct sex chromosomes (XY). Identifying with one or the other is another matter, namely a cultural one. Transgender is an umbrella term for persons whose gender identity, ex<x>pression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with the sex to which they were assigned at birth. The state regards people's gender as that which they were born with irrespective of what they identify with. <br />
For example, a man who has had undergone a penectomy/castration and taken female hormones for gender re-assignment still has the XY chromosome and is regarded as a male by the state. Likewise a woman who has undergone an addadicktome and taken male hormones still has the XX chromosome and is considered a female by the state. Culture is one thing, the facts are another.

Best Answer

I accept them as they present themselves to me. But then I try to treat men and woman the same, in terms of respect, friendliness, etc.

Best Answer

I'm a reincarnationist. I believe we have multiple lives, in all different cultures, races and genders in order to experience fully life here in this physical reality for the purpose of soul growth. Even though I am female and well adjusted to it, I believe I have had more lifetimes as a male and will still have to balance that out in my soul since the soul is neither male nore female. People who can't adjust in this reality to the gender they are more used to ba<x>sed on life experiences are okay with me. If a male transgenders female, I have no problem acknowledging them or treating them that way. I applaud Chaz Bono for having the courage to face the issue.

Best Answer

Only as I hope to be viewed, as an individual rather than by gender.

Best Answer

I view them as however they present themselves - which is usually the gender they want to be.

Best Answer

as the gender they are changing to

Best Answer

i always feel what they feel inside if they are female in male body then theyre female to me.

Best Answer

That is comforting to know. I had asked this question because I felt there are social difficulties with switching genders. It is such a difficult thing to do....

Best Answer

i agree with that, i actually said 2 my dad before that i wanted 2 switch gender because i felt i was in the wrong body just to see how hed react and he sed hed tlk 2 my mom n try figure out how to pay for it. it has crossed my mind b4 but cant say id go through with it tbf cus i like being male to much. its kinda deeper than that tho its hard to explain

Best Answer

I view them as whatever they were born to feel like.

Best Answer

To me they are the gender they feel internally , if they feel female then they're female regardless of their gender at birth and vice versa .

Best Answer

I don't think it's about gender it's about physical sex. If you start surgically altering your body, that's not "expressing a gender" that's trying to change your sex.

Best Answer