I think the problem is that it starts with "fairy tale", and that is what it is built on. There must be a stronger foundation, and if you had one, and it is gone, then it has been weakened, step....by....step, basically by choices that have been made all along the way. <br />
All fairy tales have an end, even if the story closes with "happily ever after".

Best Answer

This was exactly what I was going to say. Completely agree here.

Best Answer

I only had one fairy tale marriage, but we broke up because he was already married... To an attorney! I wonder how THAT slipped his mind?

Best Answer

Holy crap! That's weird... Yeah, you'd think he'd remember something like that. Hope the attorney took him through the ringer for it.

Best Answer

Me, too?

Best Answer

The love you have for your partner is like a protective umbrella for the kids. I stole this metaphor from elsewhere, but it's beautifully said. Your kids grow, thrive and mature from the examples set by their parents, especially with the way they treat each other. Being okay for your partner for the sake of your kids only works in the short term. Kids are like sponges, they will absorb stuff inevitably.. you can't hide it forever. If you've had enough of your partner, regardless of his efforts, it's best for your kids and yourself if you call it quits. Your kids might not understand initially, but they will (should) be better off in the long run.. That's just my opinion.

Best Answer

Thank you. He's turned into a nice guy recently, and he's promising to change (cliche, I know), but I can't help but wonder if he waited too long. :/

Best Answer

step daddy? Where'd that come from?

Best Answer