fb197256 fb197256 51-55 20 Answers Feb 25, 2011

I think there needs to be more help for women who need to get away from bad situations, especially those of us who have known nothing else except abuse and who don't have any experience of working and who are older woman. We need someone to throw us a life line!

Best Answer

I've been wondering about this myself lately since I plan to leave husband he's a cheating SOB! and I need to leave SOON! I a scared after 18 years Did you do it? how did you do? I saw some advise that seemed like they were talking to a teenager Im sorry that someone responded that way to you but I Know that I am at my BEST years right now. Ive thought of getting a night job then a day job no hubby will be fantastic hard at first but I will be happier but would love to hear how you did it? if you ever get this message again

Best Answer

Well, are you kind, cheerful, neat, good background check, do you have a nurturing personality, experience with household workings and can you drive? You'll need patience too.

Become a live in caregiver to an elderly person. Free rent, money in the bank, with no outgoing expenses.

You can make about ten bucks an hour at this,$ 240 a day, (depending on the area of the country) and if the person can live and enjoy themselves in their own home for a longer time, everyone wins. Get some references together and interview in pale colors, never wear black to this kind of interview. Clean polish free scrubbed nails and wear shoes not sandals, (look nursey) Press your clothes, look sharp, sanitary. Mind your manners, this generation expects polite manners.

That;s my advise. Sock the money into your bank and build up some funds, because you will find yourself without work when the patient passes away. . Florida is good for these kinds of oportunities. Negociate one or two days off each week for yourself from the start. It's a nice life when you are alone. (and helps others)

Best Answer

Cut your expenses to the bone. Take any job you can get, at least temporarily. Be willing to live in one room if that's what you have to do....for now. Even if you have to sell some things to fit in a smaller space, they're just things. You can buy more later when you are settled. Even if you have to clean houses or office spaces...do that...wash dishes if you have to to pay for a room...it's about survival while you look for a decent job.

Best Answer

I'm asking myself same question. I don't have a degree but unemployed and don't have a pot to pee in. I can give the umemplyment to the landlord but that doesn' cover the utilities or food.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for you and Know, "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!"

Best Answer

I am in the same problem maybe even worse, I am getting divorced and I have nothing or own nothing what so ever... and in top of all I am living abroad.. my children mind their own life and my parents were never ever supportive... I was on anti depressants and need to go back on it again... i am hopeless ..i am scared... :(

Best Answer

Excellent question. I was dying at a job in a real estate office. It was very difficult to job search and interview for a new job. I plan to get back into the beauty field (licensed esthetician), but need skills updated - more training, etc. I'm single. I have a little savings but everyday I rise grateful - by 7am - shower - have coffee - get on the computer, search and apply for jobs I'd be temporarily happy with until I get that esthetics position. I make sure I get to church every Sunday for fellowship & prayer. That is survival for my soul!!!

Best Answer

I' 52 and at a part time job that doesn't cut it. I'm married with a young child. I'm in great shape and able to do anything (there may be a limit to that) anywhere and at anytime. I know what your going through.

Best Answer

Believe it or not, Avon can help, Its only 10.00 to join , you get a free web site and you can sell online. i will be happy to train you free.

go to www.start.avon.com--reference code is klee. you can get started right away

Best Answer

Like others have said,

cut back on spending, sell things, take any job you can get, find shared accomidations.

Once you get your feet back under you, you will be amazed at how liberating it is to lead your life your way. If you have bills to pay and debt's keep in touch with the bill collectors, let them know your situation they will understand and will try to help you.... not not hide from them!

I do wish you luck and that is correct you are not alone.

Best Answer

If you can find a job during the day you can advertise to come in and babysit for people wanting a break or to go for supper in the evening. Many people are looking for sitters for their children whom they can trust for a few hours in the evening to attend functions or events. You also have the choice to charge what you want and can say 'no' when you want. I wish you luck. My friends mother was in her sixties and found a part time day job and set up a babysitting service for evenings only, she made sure her clientel had money to pay for her services. She babysits only 3 nights per week on average and makes sometimes up to $100 per week sometimes more.

Best Answer

You can do it and be your happiest EVER! Create a support network if you don't have one, accept help, and think simply with faith and love. You'll be awesome!

Best Answer

The no money thing makes you part of today's mainstream, unfortunately.

Here are some ideas:

Consider finding a situation with an older person who wants someone to live in the house with her. Some older folks have nurses and people who care for them but they still don't want to be alone at night, just in case they get sick or hurt. Often, they have an extra room or an outbuilding or guest house they will let you use. Some rental agencies deal with situations like this. This would allow you to live rent free while looking for work.

Another suggestion: Find a church where you are moving and join it or at least attend it. It doesn't matter if you are religious or not, a church can provide some immediate social support. And look for other organizations that might be good to join so that you can meet people right away.

Remember, there is always a way. Some people make a living, temporarily or permanently, by buying stuff at storage auctions (call storage companies and ask about this) and then selling them at swap meets.

Good luck, and I hope you can find a way to your new life very soon.

Best Answer

I TOO AM 50 AND MARRIED 30 YRS...MY HUBBY JUST RETIRED, I HAVE WORKED AS BEAUTICIAN FOR 28 YEARS AND LIVED LIFE WITHOUT SAVING. SINCE MY HUBBY HAS

RETIRED AT 53, HE SEEMS TO HAVE SUDDENLY-- WANT TO NO LONGER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR HOUSEHOLD. NOW I KNOW IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH A WONDERFUL LIFE....BUT IT SEEMS HE WANTS TO LIVE LIFE LIKE A SINGLE PERSON, MAYBE HE ALWAYS HAS, MAYBE I IGNORED THE SIGNS OUT OF LOYALTY TO HIM. I NOW FIND MYSELF FEELING LIKE I NEED TO FIN FOR MYSELF. HOW DO YOU START OVER AT 50 WHEN YOU SHOULD BE LIVING LIFE AND ENJOYING WHERE YOU HAVE ARRIVED?

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

I am 51, no degree, unemployed for 4 yrs, widowed no children, I do not own anything cause everything was repossess. I worked all my life to loose it all. I have no one. I am in great health and look younger than my age. Where do I start, where do I go from here?

Best Answer

I am 50 and I got laid off after 16 years( planned on retiring from company...not they did not care) There are programs for everyone except women right at 50. Maybe you can start school to get a certificate. Make sure you go to a community college. cheaper and you might get a small refund. Keep your mind clear of negative thoughts(i know it's hard)keep telling yourself i am worthy. Yes we will find employment/training. In the mean time get to part time jobs. Thats what I'm going to do.

Best Answer

figure out things you can do other than a 9 to 5 that can make you money while you move and look for a job that are in the field of your degree. figure out what skills you have that can be of use to some one else for a small fee. craigslist is good but be careful of scams. find somewhere to live for as cheap as you can for as long as you can to save up. check credit for better options and interest rates on what you do get, find a church home and call 3134022696 if you are still having problems making it work.

Best Answer