smear your whole body in Vicks
* Wear la<x>yers (cuts down on the power bill).<br />
* Stay in bed (although not much will get done).<br />
* Move! Sitting still only makes you colder!
It doesn't get that cold here - we haven't used the heat in years. But we have a heated mattress pad that we turn on so the bed is nice and warm when we get in.
1. Wear la<x>yers of clothing...keeping your core warm is essential. Undershirt, shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, or even coat if necessary.<br />
2. Wear 2 pairs of socks<br />
3. If sitting for long periods, cover your legs and feet with a blanket or a length of fleece fabric.<br />
4. DO NOT drink cold liquids or eat cold food. Drink hot or warm liquids all day long to stay warm. Heat from within. Eat warm foods like soups and grilled sandwiches and hot dinners.<br />
5. DO NOT sit near the windows or doors. You will be chilled very quickly.<br />
6. Boil a large pot of water on the stove to put some humidity into the air.
I generally tend to wear my long-johns and pile on the la<x>yers. Avoiding outside unless absolutely necessary is also another method that I like to practice.
Nice wool socks and good boots. For me if my feet are dry and warm I'm comfortable.
eat eggs....they are inherently warm...<br />
N wear ur whole cupboard ;)..keep ur body tightly snuggd in clothes<br />
Sip sum brandy....