I have been suffering Insomnia. I have an appointment with my doctor about giving me a new pill that might help me sleep hut quite frankly I am tired of drug induced sleep. right now my pills are not working and I am awake (at 4 in the morning) and I am getting frustrated!
Lilg7 Lilg7 18-21, F 12 Answers Aug 4, 2012 in Health

All my life I had insomnia - decades. Then I listened to a set of tapes and solved it without drugs. The guy presents about 40 or 50 strategies, and suggests that particular ones will work for you. It also explains that sleep patterns are a habit, so it takes about 2-3 months. The ones that worked for me were -

* Strategies to switch my mind off and deal with thoughts

* Understanding that 'sleepiness' is a cycle of about 40 minutes. If you don't put down the book when you feel sleepy, you will go beyond it and have to wait another 40 minutes.

* etc.

I have no affiliation with this at all. http://www.sleepbetter.com.au/

Having said that, it's 4:25am and I'm awake. It doesn't address jetlag!

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. I will look up that site. ^^

Best Answer

Exercise -cardio...or work physically doing construction or something outdoorsy. Do it for 2 weeks or more and you'll get sleepy with time. Have a beer at the end of a hard day's work and you should be good :)

Best Answer

forget pills they are no good for you, try something natural..... I drink 5 stage sleep shot and OMG it kicks my butt!!!!! it puts me to sleep within like 30 minutes and i get to sleep all night :) wake up feeling great and

i think the web gives a free sample www.5stagesleepshot.com

hope it helps u like it helps me

sara lee :)

Best Answer

work hard and you will sleep

Best Answer

like a boss

Best Answer

Close your eyes and relax.

Best Answer

No idea , I haven't slept since 1976.

Best Answer

I work the grade yard shift so when i am off i also have a difficult time sleeping. If i go jogging before dinner it i sleep very well.

Best Answer

stay awake until you black out

Best Answer

Hard physical exercise helps me. But not too close to sleeping time.

Best Answer

I focus on my breathing or watch unending episodes of Bones on Netflix. Meditation?

Best Answer