Seriously, there are several books out there with titles such as "How to talk to anyone." I used to be way too shy for my own good. I read a couple of those books and learned to overcome my shyness.

Best Answer

Thanks. Going to have to check try these.

Best Answer

Alcohol

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer

i wanted to answer this as we are so alike in different ways------im a social butterfly,can gab for hours to anyone,but im 100% agoraphobic,another hell in the making--------what are any of us to do--------

Best Answer

Take a risk...and smile about it.

Best Answer

embrace it, like being shy and lonely, make it something positive, and then try to build confidence inside ur home with ur family and stuff and then build confidence to let yourself be open about yourself with others :) i think that would work.

Best Answer

if only i knew, i would so tell you!! (((hugs)))

Best Answer

just say I am an infinite being. Or just say i am a social butterfly over and over. And you will see yourself transform into a social butterfly.

Best Answer

Alas, I've been that way for 48 years now. There is no "sure-fire" fix, no matter what people may say. Makes for a very lonely life!!

Best Answer

If it is a true phobia, some professional counseling will help. Slow steps. Find something fun that you like (or love) and join a social group with the same interest. (Charities, weaving, gardening, art, ...) <br />
Volunteer as a reader with one of the reading programs at local grade and middle schools. Talking to children is usually less intimidating and will give you an opportunity to practice social skills.<br />
Get a good self help book on cognitive therapy. Figure out what you are telling yourself to make you shy, and change the programming in your head. It takes time, but the younger you do it, the easier it is. <br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

Think the only way is a LOT of exposure and therapy. I'm struggling with this too.

Best Answer

Can no longer afford for therapy was hoping that anyone who've been through it could give some tips

Best Answer

desensitize yourself. The more you interact with people, the less scary it will be

Best Answer

Now, that's frightening. It's getting off of control. Haven't seen my best friend in a while and when she visited I could hardly talk to her. It's messing with everything and it's hard to give eye contact. I might have to give your advice a go( hopefully, it'll work for me)

Best Answer

Get out there and vote

Best Answer

draw attention to yourself. several times. dress flashy, to give people a conversation peice. speak loud, make lots of eye contact. smile often but not too much (you will look a creep) also, what most people now days don't do, i think everyone has some form of a social phobia. try going out, with nothing to read, keep your phone on your pocket in waiting rooms and on buses, and walking down the street. and just go about your day, say hello to whoever you make eye contact with passing by. start up conversations with small talk. and keep your kool.

Best Answer